Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC Monterey Z590I Gigabyte VISION D + i9 11900K + AMD RX6600

that was my bad - I was copying "Boot" and "OC" folders directly in the EFI drive instead of in a "EFI" folder.

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know it's taken a long while but I have the Maple Ridge Thunderbolt finally working on this board along with the hot-plug. The key was to use the SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V2, SSDT-DTPG, instead of SSDT-TB3/TB4.

If you are using any other Thunderbolt SSDTs other than those mentioned I would suggest to disable them completely and replace with just the above two in the ACPI.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 1.06.02 PM.png

I will be updating the EFI soon, but if you need them the patches are here.

Attachments

• SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V2.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 33
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 42
That's incredible, I'll try here.

All - I have been having trouble with my Bluetooth and found this thread. I believe it applies to our system.

The following serves to enable bluetooth in macOS Ventura 13.4+ for Broadcom & Intel Bluetooth

1. Navigate to the NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 section in your config.plist file and add the two child items:
Key Type Value
bluetoothInternalControllerInfo Data 00000000 00000000 00000000 0000
bluetoothExternalDongleFailed Data 00

2. Update BlueToolFixup from BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.7

3. Reboot and Reset NVRAM then boot again normally

Note: I had to remove the spaces on the line with all the zeros for it to save

macOS 13.4 Update | Page 5 | tonymacx86.com

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but my Bluetooth works fine after startup but after sleep, it doesn't. If I want to use it, I have to restart. Does anyone else have this problem?

Note: running Sonoma but I have been having Bluetooth problems since before.

I had been seeing this on a 2012 MacBookPro running Catalina with an aftermarket internal Broadcom wifi/BT module.

I don't have the Bcrm model # handy atm.

I just updated this old mbp to Ventura so will check if the BT drops with sleep and post.

(This BR drop problem started with the very last security update to Catalina. That update also forever broke File sharing option in the Sharing control panel).

Here is my followup, I guess nothing I know helps...

I thought I had replaced the wireless module in the 2012 macbook pro. But it's the original card.

With Ventura it no longer loses BT device at sleep. And File Sharing control seems to work properly again.

So my situation was bugs in Catalina, not about an edge case with a 3rd party wireless module.

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but my Bluetooth works fine after startup but after sleep, it doesn't. If I want to use it, I have to restart. Does anyone else have this problem?

Note: running Sonoma but I have been having Bluetooth problems since before.
As of recently, this is no longer an issue. Maybe due to the latest version of OpenCore or newer drivers. :?:

UPDATE: If I turn off Bluetooth then turn it back on, things work after sleep.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone. I was hoping I could get some help with a display issue I'm having. I followed this guide and used the OC and EFI provided to install Mac os Monterey on my computer, however, I can't see the welcome screen. I know it's installed as the audio description service can be heard in the background telling me what to do. The screen is black, but I can see the mouse.

I have the same board, but am using an 11700K and an MSI RX580 with the HDMI out.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction to what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• EFI OC 0.8.4 for 12 13 - Modified.zip
    30.1 MB · Views: 4
Hi Everyone. I was hoping I could get some help with a display issue I'm having. I followed this guide and used the OC and EFI provided to install Mac os Monterey on my computer, however, I can't see the welcome screen. I know it's installed as the audio description service can be heard in the background telling me what to do. The screen is black, but I can see the mouse.

I have the same board, but am using an 11700K and an MSI RX580 with the HDMI out.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction to what I'm doing wrong?
@Crishbk,

The EFI was originally set for RX6600. You need to change the PCI device and boot-arg details to the following for RX580 to work (remove any agdpmod settings and add npci=0x2000):

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 12.54.32 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 12.54.42 PM.png

Luckily I have already done this for your EFI. Give it a shot.

Attachments

• EFI OC 0.8.4 for 12 13 - Modified.zip
    30.9 MB · Views: 6
Back