Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

I found an script from Pikeralpha's git that patches the plist. I chose Macbook9,1 motherboard and it made the changes. I've got the same kernel panic on boot. Pikeralpha suggested some user with the same problem who had another problem: RCBA not enabled on AppleLPC (and I have it too) to disable AppleLPC on boot commenting compatible LPC on plist and try to boot. I made that too. AppleLPC.kext was not loaded and CPU panic stil occurs.

Suggest you check your plist manually. Or use a different SMBIOS.

Suggest you check your plist manually. Or use a different SMBIOS.
Frequency vectors is a lot of numbers that I don't know where to get the right one for my processor.
Could you please direct me to where I can learn how to extract this processor information?
Thanks.

Frequency vectors is a lot of numbers that I don't know where to get the right one for my processor.
Could you please direct me to where I can learn how to extract this processor information?
Thanks.

I have never needed to do it. Suggest you do the appropriate research.

Sorry if my question is not completely off-topic, but I think at least it relates to power manager.
My system works well before sleep, but when going to sleep (auto or force by sleep command), it takes long, about 10secs for everything to turn off (keyboard, hard disk, etc), then everything turn on right away except for display light (must touch the keyboard to turn it on). After turn on, sound not work any more.
My power manager implement seem to be correct, telling from log output.
One more issue is I can't use restart command, every time use that, it shutdowns instead. Maybe this has the same root cause with auto-wake?
Any suggestion please?

Attachments

• log_appleintelinfo.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 117
  • GiangNVT’s Hackintosh.ioreg.zip
    732.1 KB · Views: 104
  • log_sleep_wake.txt
    13.4 KB · Views: 361
  • log_kextstat.txt
    1,003 bytes · Views: 169
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 114
Sorry if my question is not completely off-topic, but I think at least it relates to power manager.
My system works well before sleep, but when going to sleep (auto or force by sleep command), it takes long, about 10secs for everything to turn off (keyboard, hard disk, etc), then everything turn on right away except for display light (must touch the keyboard to turn it on). After turn on, sound not work any more.
My power manager implement seem to be correct, telling from log output.
One more issue is I can't use restart command, every time use that, it shutdowns instead. Maybe this has the same root cause with auto-wake?
Any suggestion please?

The delay is normal.
But you have "instant wake". Read the guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Does not implementing right way.

I attached all files you demand;

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
Does not implementing right way.

I attached all files you demand;

What is the issue?

You should use quoted replies (if you replied previously about whatever issue you have now)
.... I will not go digging for previous posts to find what the problem is...

FYI: I'm not certain AppleIntelInfo.kext has been updated for Skylake. Maybe if you build from source... (but have not looked at the commit logs).

Last edited:
Apply the "USB _PRW 0x6D (instant wake)" patch as you suggested, and sleep seems to work now.
But the shutdown instead of restart still persists. Found no similar issue on web. In the contrary, many have trouble with shutdown instead of restart.

You should open a separate thread. This thread is for CPU PM only.

I got a kernel panic If I use the generated ssdt , this is what I get in terminal if it helps

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 9.15.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 9.15.47 PM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 84
Back