Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

Make sure you read post #1 regarding ssdtPRgen.sh use.

Hi Rehab, I read post #1 when I tried running the script. I'm able to run the following without specifying any other arguments as the 3210M is a directly matching CPU in the script

Code:
ssdtPRGen.sh -p 'i5-3210M'

I get a total of four SSDT files outputted from the script. Do I need to disassemble these to determine if they are needed and then include them in ACPI/patched directory? I also noticed the order needs to be specified in config.plist. I assume that the order is lower to higher? SSDT-1, SSDT-2, etc. Is this correct?

Thanks

Hi Rehab, I read post #1 when I tried running the script. I'm able to run the following without specifying any other arguments as the 3210M is a directly matching CPU in the script

Code:
ssdtPRGen.sh -p 'i5-3210M'

I get a total of four SSDT files outputted from the script. Do I need to disassemble these to determine if they are needed and then include them in ACPI/patched directory? I also noticed the order needs to be specified in config.plist. I assume that the order is lower to higher? SSDT-1, SSDT-2, etc. Is this correct?

Thanks

You can run it without parameters.

As far as copying the SSDT to ACPI/patched, read post #1.

The other SSDTs are not of concern.

Hi RehabMan,

Need your help on this. I tried to patch >256-bits , but I couldn't get the hex/dec thingy right. Mind helping me out or pointing me out to the correct direction

Attached is the whole DSDT decompiled along with SSDT

I have applied some of your other patches for ACPIBacklight , for HD 4400

Line that I am having trouble with , is SMBD

Just having a hard time with the battery patch

I recently went to china and picked up a good looking macbook air clone

View attachment dsdt 2.zip

Thanks and God Bless

Hi RehabMan,

Need your help on this. I tried to patch >256-bits , but I couldn't get the hex/dec thingy right. Mind helping me out or pointing me out to the correct direction

Attached is the whole DSDT decompiled along with SSDT

I have applied some of your other patches for ACPIBacklight , for HD 4400

Line that I am having trouble with , is SMBD

Just having a hard time with the battery patch

I recently went to china and picked up a good looking macbook air clone

View attachment 164294

Thanks and God Bless

SMBD is at offset 0x44. Simple counting:
Code:
                        Offset (0x40), 
                        SMBP,   8, //40
                        SMBS,   8, //41
                        SMBA,   8, //42
                        SMBC,   8, //43
                        SMBD,   256, //44

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hi Rehabman,

Happy Thanksgiving,

Here are the specifications , will update my signature in the profile

China C16S
http://beststore-online.com/item?id=520917906264&vendorId=小猴纸66 <-- this is the link if you take a look , it's a

Intel Core i7 4500U
HM 8x Chipset
Intel 4400 GPU , 1920x1080 (using your Fake PCI kext to get it working)
4GB of RAM

Clover on UEFI

Let me know should you require the complete ioreg dump along with the other information as well and I'll provide them as well

I tried following your guide and other guides you have written but this laptop is a bit more trickier

I'll be trying to patch it up once if i get your battery indicator to work , I'll share the patch so that you can put it in repo and may help laptops made in china that looks like macbook air :)

Hi. I must install this kexts ? NullCPUPowerManagement.kext?? I used ssdtPRgen.sh

I read and I am not sure :rolleyes: There is "no [..].kext" so I don't need instal :problem:

I read and I am not sure :rolleyes: There is "no [..].kext" so I don't need instal :problem:

All the procedures required are detailed in post #1.

The checklist specifically mentions NullCPU and clearly states it must NOT be used.

Back