Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

I can't get the script to work for me: unknown processor.

Ive got a broadwell processor i3-5015u. Ive confirmed its in the CFG files as is my board ID(its for MacBookPro12,1 im posting form another computer and dont care to copy it but ive double checked it is in the CFG file and typed correctly) but it still shows ive got an unknown processor.

im not really sure what else to check.

an interesting note though, running ./ssdtPRGen.sh -show shows all the board ID's supported but under Broadwell and Skylake, its blank

ive double checked it's on the beta branch, so im not sure what to do next

I can't get the script to work for me: unknown processor.

Ive got a broadwell processor i3-5015u. Ive confirmed its in the CFG files as is my board ID(its for MacBookPro12,1 im posting form another computer and dont care to copy it but ive double checked it is in the CFG file and typed correctly) but it still shows ive got an unknown processor.

im not really sure what else to check.

an interesting note though, running ./ssdtPRGen.sh -show shows all the board ID's supported but under Broadwell and Skylake, its blank

ive double checked it's on the beta branch, so im not sure what to do next

You need to use the beta branch. Make sure you setup the cfg files correctly.

You need to use the beta branch. Make sure you setup the cfg files correctly.

double checked and triple checked all the CFG files and the script are on the beta branch.
running the script shows its on 18.1, which was the commit done this morning
finally figured out what the error was though.

Turns out the script is super picky about the directory and if its not in ~\Library\ssdtPRGen\*put script files here* then it breaks and cant find any CFG files and doesn't bother to download them either
then if the "Tools" folder isn't extracted to the root folder, then it crashes the script

i don't see this mentioned anywhere except the commands in the README(but it doesn't say it explicitly just tries to extract to this directory) so that is kinda frustrating but at least now it's working, now to finally get NPM implemented.

double checked and triple checked all the CFG files and the script are on the beta branch.
running the script shows its on 18.1, which was the commit done this morning
finally figured out what the error was though.

Turns out the script is super picky about the directory and if its not in ~\Library\ssdtPRGen\*put script files here* then it breaks and cant find any CFG files and doesn't bother to download them either
then if the "Tools" folder isn't extracted to the root folder, then it crashes the script

i don't see this mentioned anywhere except the commands in the README(but it doesn't say it explicitly just tries to extract to this directory) so that is kinda frustrating but at least now it's working, now to finally get NPM implemented.

Yes, it definitely must be setup as the script expects... No leeway there.

Mr. Rehabman please check my ioreg

Attachments

• MacBook Air.zip
    447.6 KB · Views: 105
Yes, it definitely must be setup as the script expects... No leeway there.

So the script ran and and i finally got a file out of it but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. its only generating 2 states, 20 and 21 if I'm reading this correctly. but whether i am isn't relevant, its locked at my max clock speed and draining my battery faster than a...drain.

I was hoping you could help me out and tell me where i screwed up? I've got a Broadwell processor so there's no real hard coded instructions and i tried to follow the Haswell ones.

I know you always post the same reply about asking for a patchmatic script output(which just looks like its my ACPI tables?), clover EFI folder and IOREG, so here they are.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: i had to remove the themes folder to reduce size so that's why its not in there, nothing weird

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    333.4 KB · Views: 87
  • patchmatic.zip
    59.7 KB · Views: 73
  • CLOVER 2.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 81
So the script ran and and i finally got a file out of it but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. its only generating 2 states, 20 and 21 if I'm reading this correctly. but whether i am isn't relevant, its locked at my max clock speed and draining my battery faster than a...drain.

I was hoping you could help me out and tell me where i screwed up? I've got a Broadwell processor so there's no real hard coded instructions and i tried to follow the Haswell ones.

I know you always post the same reply about asking for a patchmatic script output(which just looks like its my ACPI tables?), clover EFI folder and IOREG, so here they are.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: i had to remove the themes folder to reduce size so that's why its not in there, nothing weird

According to ioreg, CPU PM appears to be working.

You still have a lot of ACPI work to do.

According to ioreg, CPU PM appears to be working.

You still have a lot of ACPI work to do.

i can see that in the IOReg that the NPM is eneabled and attatched to CPU0
but surely this can't be right:

Code:
CPU P-States [ (21) ] iGPU P-States [ (6) ]
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 ]
CPU C7-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 ]
CPU P-States [ (13) 21 ] iGPU P-States [ (6) ]

It looks like it shows as being locked at my max clock speed.
any ideas on how to fix this?
I went through your whole guide but it doesn't have specifications for broadwell processors so i followed the ones for haswell.

Also, any specific things that stuck out to you in my ACPI files that need to be done? I went through your patch guide but didn't see any that seemed necessary to my computer

Back