Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

Is there some kind of method to see how good is working my hackintosh?
Some program or anything that give values X or Y to know it?

PS: In all 'areas' if possible (USB, power magnament, CPU, temperature, graphics - and if discrete card have been correctly disabled...).

Thank you very much

Correct. There is also a related blog article.

I tried using the script, it seemed failry obvious how to use it, but after running it and selecting the correct board-id, nothing is happeneing

Look inside FakeSMC itself. It often has the plugins installed to FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns.

nothing

IGPU power management is now working correctly

Im not sure where to look because i haven't seen anyone else with this problem, my CPU even at idle is locked at its max frequency and only occasionally dips down(lowest ive seen it go was 1.7 and only once) i have P-states generated for everything down too 13(which should go further but ill deal with that later) but none of them are being used.

Should i reinstall? i know that i've ****ed up a lot of things since beginning the process, maybe i should start over from scratch(more or less)?

Hi Rehabman

Thanks for the quick response. Have downloaded the IOReg v2.1 from the link and attached the report.

Waiting to hear from you.

IGPU PM is shown as working in ioreg. The behavior may be different with iMac14,2 vs. a laptop SMBIOS. You should use an appropriate SMBIOS for your laptop.

Is there some kind of method to see how good is working my hackintosh?
Some program or anything that give values X or Y to know it?

PS: In all 'areas' if possible (USB, power magnament, CPU, temperature, graphics - and if discrete card have been correctly disabled...).

Thank you very much

A lot of information is available in ioreg if you know how to read it.

Im not sure where to look because i haven't seen anyone else with this problem, my CPU even at idle is locked at its max frequency and only occasionally dips down(lowest ive seen it go was 1.7 and only once) i have P-states generated for everything down too 13(which should go further but ill deal with that later) but none of them are being used.

Should i reinstall? i know that i've ****ed up a lot of things since beginning the process, maybe i should start over from scratch(more or less)?

Maybe you installed some software that is demanding cycles from the CPU (in the background).

If in doubt, do a fresh install. Don't install extra software until your system is stable.

IGPU PM is shown as working in ioreg. The behavior may be different with iMac14,2 vs. a laptop SMBIOS. You should use an appropriate SMBIOS for your laptop.

Hi Rehabman

Terribly sorry if I have misled you. Mine is a desktop as you can tell from my profile. So if it's off-topic which forum should I go to to seek help. Any advice?

BTW here's my config.plist & patchmatic attached as well.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 58
  • config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 174
Hi Rehabman

Terribly sorry if I have misled you. Mine is a desktop as you can tell from my profile. So if it's off-topic which forum should I go to to seek help. Any advice?

BTW here's my config.plist & patchmatic attached as well.

This guide/forum is for laptops (as per forum/thread title). Desktop questions are off-topic.

You should post your question in the appropriate desktop forum.

Maybe you installed some software that is demanding cycles from the CPU (in the background).

If in doubt, do a fresh install. Don't install extra software until your system is stable.

no dice...

My CPU still barely drops below 2ghz...

I've even messed around with Frequency vector editing but it doesn't seem to help, i modified the CPUfloor from 1.3 to .5ghz but all it does is add the number 10 below 13 in my P states and the freq never drops that low in IPG.

I'm thinking that i may need to get in touch with piker about this in the issues tab of the ssdtPRgen repo

no dice...

My CPU still barely drops below 2ghz...

I've even messed around with Frequency vector editing but it doesn't seem to help, i modified the CPUfloor from 1.3 to .5ghz but all it does is add the number 10 below 13 in my P states and the freq never drops that low in IPG.

I'm thinking that i may need to get in touch with piker about this in the issues tab of the ssdtPRgen repo

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Back