Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

Notes on Clover
- patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement can be patched on the fly with config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/AsusAICPUPM=true
- the kernel can be patched for XCPM (Haswell) with config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm=true
- the kernel can be patched for "Local APIC" panic with config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelLapic=true
- to drop all OEM SSDTs, use config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true
I know messing with config.plist manually (without Clover Configurator) is risky but I can do it.

So, after I successfully installed Yosemite using Clover and the current version of PBI, can I still edit config.plist in my HDD as appropriate?

I know messing with config.plist manually (without Clover Configurator) is risky but I can do it.

I never use Clover Configurator (it does things I don't care for). I use a plist editor most of the time (xcode).

So, after I successfully installed Yosemite using Clover and the current version of PBI, can I still edit config.plist in my HDD as appropriate?

You can edit config.plist if you want... But I'm not sure why you would. PBI-CE gives you a correct setup.

You can edit config.plist if you want... But I'm not sure why you would. PBI-CE gives you a correct setup.
You're right. It does except for:
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key> <true/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<true/>
I've added the two to the confit.plist.

Don't know the significance in config.plist, though.

You're right. It does except for:
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key> <true/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<true/>
I've added the two to the confit.plist.

Don't know the significance in config.plist, though.

Your computer is Haswell, so AsusAICPUPM is not needed (PM is in the kernel, not the kext).

And the ProBooks do not suffer from Local APIC panic.

Your computer is Haswell, so AsusAICPUPM is not needed (PM is in the kernel, not the kext).
Now I see your point: "... But I'm not sure why you would. PBI-CE gives you a correct setup."
And the ProBooks do not suffer from Local APIC panic.
I'll remove those keys immediately. Thank you very much.

Hi,
I have a i7 3630QM and yosemite 10.10.2
I have followed this checklist:

- patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement installed (except on Haswell)
- SSDT installed to /Extra/ssdt.aml for your CPU (easiest to use ProBook Installer)
- appropriate System Definition (smbios.plist) for your CPU
- DropSSDT=Yes, GeneratePStates=No, GenerateCStates=No
- no rollbacks of AppleACPIPlatform.kext
- no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (usually implies patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)
- Processor objects declared in Scope (_SB) or Scope (_PR) in DSDT (pretty rare not to have them in OEM DSDT)
- Verify that the generated SSDT injects into the same scope as Processor declarations in DSDT (usually _PR)

but I have only 2 p
state (12x and 24x).
I can't understand issue for my power managment.
But if I lunch

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
24 0 0xffffff7f8197d000 0x2b000 0x2b000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

I haven't AppleInfoCPUPowerManagementClient.
Please take a look my attached ssdt, dsdt and ioreg.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    443.5 KB · Views: 72
Hi,
I have a i7 3630QM and yosemite 10.10.2
I have followed this checklist:

- patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement installed (except on Haswell)
- SSDT installed to /Extra/ssdt.aml for your CPU (easiest to use ProBook Installer)
- appropriate System Definition (smbios.plist) for your CPU
- DropSSDT=Yes, GeneratePStates=No, GenerateCStates=No
- no rollbacks of AppleACPIPlatform.kext
- no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (usually implies patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)
- Processor objects declared in Scope (_SB) or Scope (_PR) in DSDT (pretty rare not to have them in OEM DSDT)
- Verify that the generated SSDT injects into the same scope as Processor declarations in DSDT (usually _PR)

but I have only 2 p
state (12x and 24x).
I can't understand issue for my power managment.
But if I lunch

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
24 0 0xffffff7f8197d000 0x2b000 0x2b000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

I haven't AppleInfoCPUPowerManagementClient.
Please take a look my attached ssdt, dsdt and ioreg.
Thanks!

You installed VoodooTSCSync. It is not appropriate for a laptop and is not mentioned in post #1.

You installed VoodooTSCSync. It is not appropriate for a laptop and is not mentioned in post #1.

ok!

I didn't know it.
Can I remove that kext?
Which kext i have to install?

thanks for your help.

EDIT: I have removed VoodooTSCSync. Now how can I solve issue?

Back