Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Power Management for Laptops

Motherboard
Nuc7i5
Hello everyone!

I literally cant explain whats going on :)

I have a toshiba satellite c660 with i3-2350m and gt520m.

I've alot of times tried to go away from NullCPU kext and sometimes it ending on "missing bluetooth cont...", sometimes just blackscreen, sometimes KP(which reason i couldn't get). I just though i MacOS working and i can live with that. Oh, also im using VoodooTSCSync, cuz it only way i found to remove cpus=1 from my life :)

But that was is not interesting part, as far i'm using NullCPU, i knew that my cpu works in high power mode, and my cpu temp didn't got hotter then 70 degrees(Celsius). But just 5 minutes ago, i wanted to watch how much Watts "eats" my CPU, and on what freq its working now, but i saw something strange...

This CPU, as i said with NullCPU looks like working with power management, because Intel Power Gadget shows that on idle its working around 0,8GHz and "eats" around 5,8Watt(IA: 2,20-2,30Watt), and on high load it can go to 2,30GHz and "eat" 19Watt(IA: 12Watt), but also it have a positions between them, just like when multiplier is changing...

RehabMan and other smart people, can you explain to me what a hell is going on on my laptop? :lol::lol:

P.S. i can give you any info that you will need(if you will need ofc)

P.S.S just noticed one more thing: sometimes freq just can drop to 0,8GHz and stay there for less than a minute(system become really laggy) but after that CPU freq going back to its normal state and keeps changing freq depending on system load

P.S.S.S added screenshots of Inter Power Gadget

Attachments

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello everyone!

I literally cant explain whats going on :)

I have a toshiba satellite c660 with i3-2350m and gt520m.

I've alot of times tried to go away from NullCPU kext and sometimes it ending on "missing bluetooth cont...", sometimes just blackscreen, sometimes KP(which reason i couldn't get). I just though i MacOS working and i can live with that. Oh, also im using VoodooTSCSync, cuz it only way i found to remove cpus=1 from my life :)

But that was is not interesting part, as far i'm using NullCPU, i knew that my cpu works in high power mode, and my cpu temp didn't got hotter then 70 degrees(Celsius). But just 5 minutes ago, i wanted to watch how much Watts "eats" my CPU, and on what freq its working now, but i saw something strange...

This CPU, as i said with NullCPU looks like working with power management, because Intel Power Gadget shows that on idle its working around 0,8GHz and "eats" around 5,8Watt(IA: 2,20-2,30Watt), and on high load it can go to 2,30GHz and "eat" 19Watt(IA: 12Watt), but also it have a positions between them, just like when multiplier is changing...

RehabMan and other smart people, can you explain to me what a hell is going on on my laptop? :lol::lol:

P.S. i can give you any info that you will need(if you will need ofc)

P.S.S just noticed one more thing: sometimes freq just can drop to 0,8GHz and stay there for less than a minute(system become really laggy) but after that CPU freq going back to its normal state and keeps changing freq depending on system load
NullCPU never needed with Clover.
Sounds like you didn't follow the guide...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/164990-faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/164990-faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Motherboard
HM86 (Lenovo Z510)
CPU
i5 4200m
Graphics
HD4600+GT740m
- patch brightness key (fn_f11 and fn_F12) this is manual patch after reading solution for HP ( i forgot the thread)
Where can I find information about this method?

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Where can I find information about this method?
section called brightness keys:

Motherboard
HM86 (Lenovo Z510)
CPU
i5 4200m
Graphics
HD4600+GT740m
thank! succeeded!