Contribute
Register

[Guide] Native Intel UHD630 Graphics support in macOS 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to mattystonnie and RehabMan, but I tried a variety of combinations and still can't work. Can you help me find out what caused the problem?

15.2 0x3e9b0000 Automatic restart
15.2 0x3e920000 Automatic restart
15.2 0x3e920003 figured screen

15.1 0x3e9b0000 Automatic restart
15.1 0x3e920000 Automatic restart
15.1 0x3e920003 Automatic restart
Is DVMT-prealloc set correctly in BIOS?
If the system panics during boot, please attach a picture.

FYI, ig-platform-id 0x3E9B0000 is used by Apple for your IGPU.

Thanks to mattystonnie and RehabMan, but I tried a variety of combinations and still can't work. Can you help me find out what caused the problem?

15.2 0x3e9b0000 Automatic restart
15.2 0x3e920000 Automatic restart
15.2 0x3e920003 figured screen

15.1 0x3e9b0000 Automatic restart
15.1 0x3e920000 Automatic restart
15.1 0x3e920003 Automatic restart

I modified your Clover, try this one. Disabled Nvidia injection.

What build of High Sierra do you have?

If still doesn't work post your IOreg.

Attachments

• CLOVER-3.zip
    4 MB · Views: 231
Hello!
I'm trying to get graphics acceleration working on my new Razer Blade 15 (Intel i7-8750H, UHD 630, dev-id 3E9B). Before this version (17G2112) acceleration worked but only with Kaby Lake FakeID and no backlight at all. However, on (HS 17G2112) with the CFLGraphicsFramebuffer kexts, I get kernel panics, no matter which combination of ig-platform-id, FakeID, and SMBIOS (15,1 / 15,2) I choose.

edit: added ioreg

Attachments

• IMG_20180722_182802.jpg
    IMG_20180722_182802.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 257
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
  • razer.ioreg.zip
    623.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Hello!
I'm trying to get graphics acceleration working on my new Razer Blade 15 (Intel i7-8750H, UHD 630, dev-id 3E9B). Before this version (17G2112) acceleration worked but only with Kaby Lake FakeID and no backlight at all. However, on (HS 17G2112) with the CFLGraphicsFramebuffer kexts, I get kernel panics, no matter which combination of ig-platform-id, FakeID, and SMBIOS (15,1 / 15,2) I choose.
If you needed a patch/kext for incorrectly set DVMT-prealloc, you'll need a new one for the CFL kexts. Not sure if WhateverGreen.kext already has something like this implemented. You may have a look.

If you needed a patch/kext for incorrectly set DVMT-prealloc, you'll need a new one for the CFL kexts. Not sure if WhateverGreen.kext already has something like this implemented. You may have a look.
Is 64Mb good enough for FHD or does CFL requires more?

Unfortunatelly, there is no DVMT-prealloc option in BIOS. I have tried with WhateverGreen.kext but without success. It seems that I need to wait for CFL DVMT-prealloc patch.

Is 64Mb good enough for FHD or does CFL requires more?
I think 64MB should be fine, but I'm not 100% sure.

Unfortunatelly, there is no DVMT-prealloc option in BIOS. I have tried with WhateverGreen.kext but without success. It seems that I need to wait for CFL DVMT-prealloc patch.
Did you use a DVMT-prealloc patch when you used the KBL kexts to boot? Shouldn't be necessary if you didn't need it with KBL.

I think 64MB should be fine, but I'm not 100% sure.

Did you use a DVMT-prealloc patch when you used the KBL kexts to boot? Shouldn't be necessary if you didn't need it with KBL.
I have only used WhateverGreen.kext with KBL kexts. I haven't used any explicit DVTM-prealloc patch in Clover config.

I've followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-for-mojave.256490/

to patch Framebuffer. However, with the values in the example (32MB BIOS, 19MB stolen (framebuffer) 9MB fbmem (cursor) 2048MB unifiedmem (vram)) the system would boot with backlight disabled (black screen) and some form of acceleration (2gb cram detected, as well as 144hz, but QE/CI still seemed to be disabled). Changing the ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0003 fixed the backlight issue, however, there was still no real acceleration. My theory is that I need a bigger Framebuffer patch or a patch to disable minstolensize patch. I've tried changing the values in the Framebuffer patch but whatever I change them to ends up in a kernel panic. And I haven't been able to locate a "disable minstolensize patch" for coffee lake.

Any ideas?

I've followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-for-mojave.256490/

to patch Framebuffer. However, with the values in the example (32MB BIOS, 19MB stolen (framebuffer) 9MB fbmem (cursor) 2048MB unifiedmem (vram)) the system would boot with backlight disabled (black screen) and some form of acceleration (2gb cram detected, as well as 144hz, but QE/CI still seemed to be disabled). Changing the ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0003 fixed the backlight issue, however, there was still no real acceleration. My theory is that I need a bigger Framebuffer patch or a patch to disable minstolensize patch. I've tried changing the values in the Framebuffer patch but whatever I change them to ends up in a kernel panic. And I haven't been able to locate a "disable minstolensize patch" for coffee lake.

Any ideas?

I removed my stolen frame buffer to get uhd 630 to work (Razer Blade 15 8750h). The only combo which worked for me was also using ig-platform-id 0x591B0000 and intelgfx 0x59168086. I posted my config in the other thread for razer blade 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back