Contribute
Register

Guide: MultiBooting UEFI

Thanks dude but I want it on the same HDD, i only see pinned this one, and for separate HDD.
UEFI or Legacy? My crystal ball is broken and I cannot see your hardware. See the forum rules about your hardware and your profile.

I have a couple of general dual booting questions, please.

If I already have a windows 10 install, is it possible to then install OS-X on that same drive without losing the windows install in a dual boot configuration?

Also, would it be better/easier to have windows on one separate drive and OS-X on another?

Thanks.

I have a couple of general dual booting questions, please.

If I already have a windows 10 install, is it possible to then install OS-X on that same drive without losing the windows install in a dual boot configuration?

Also, would it be better/easier to have windows on one separate drive and OS-X on another?

Thanks.
Yes, you can add Mac OS to a Win10 drive IF the drive is formatted GPT.

Much easier to install and update on separate drives. Separate drives is preferred.

Thanks, I'll grab a separate drive and start over :)

Hello
I have a W10 and High sierra installed on 2 separated drives
I tried to hide all unnecessary W10 partition with "Hide volume" Arguments in the config.plist such as : Preboot, Legacy, Recovery, Windows .
But clover still show 2 W10 icons. The one I try to get rid off is labelled "Boot Windows from EFI"
Any ideas ?
Thanks

I am having a heck of a time installing Windows 10. I have an OSX dedicated drive and want to partition my 2 TB drive for windows and OSX to use as storage. I followed the guide and created 2 partitions on the 2 TB SSD, booted into win 10 setup on usb, deleted the windows partition, recreated it, formatted it. I get the following partitions on the drive:

Name: Total Size Free space Type
Drive 0 Partition 1: EFI 200.0 MB 196.0 MB System
Drive 0 Partition 2: Recovery 499.0 MB 482.0 MB Recovery
Drive 0 Partition 3: 100.0 MB 95.0 MB System
Drive 0 Partition 4: 100.0 MB 16.0 MB MSR (Reserved)
Drive 0 Partition 5: 465.2 GB 465.2 GB Primary

When I proceed to install I get the following error:

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files"

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to re-configure something in bios?

Last edited:
@ModMike
I remembrer that w10 installer need a clean EFI partition : (remove/compress the EFI folder)

@oli.mathieu I am not sure what you mean. Can you please elaborate? Do you mean I need to have an empty efi partition?

Am I supposed to have an efi partition for osx and windows with a clover efi folder in each one?

If so do I have to manaually copy? What do you mean by remove/compress the efi folder?

Thank you.

Last edited:
"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files"
A bug in the Windows installer means your dedicated OSX drive is probably causing this error. You can adjust firmware SATA settings, turn off the port to which the other disk is connected, then run the installer again.

In the installer delete the partitions created by the failed Windows install attempt, create a fresh NTFS partition and try again. There's a separate guide for when you have more than one disk.

Back