Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you buy the right card (the one mentioned in the guide), you should be able to get working bluetooth and wifi. I replaced my card, which also had wifi and bluetooth. Not sure if you can make the original card work. Make sure to read the guide thoroughly so that you don't miss any details.

I am using a clover extracted DSDT. I verified that the DTGP method is present. It is also used several times in the DSDT. Maybe I am missing something else.

I also installed the latest Clover, but besides a new theme, I don't notice any differences.

BTW, did you manage to get Ivybridge PM working with your new BIOS?
I haven't flashed it yet, I'm at school right now. I'm gonna try that gfx0 to igp edit on my own dsdt when I get home and see if I can get it to work.

c/o to kyndder of osx86.net

check this link for the other themes.

<key>TextOnly</key>
<false/>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>metal</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>30</integer>

after you download the themes, just copy paste it to under /EFI/CLOVER/THEMES
and then rename the "theme name" under config.plist

thanks. i didnt use the theme you mentioned since whatta dummy can't seem to access it or find it.
i used a bootcamp theme though. i'll black osx theme later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    938.5 KB · Views: 211
Also did you do anything special to flash your patched bios? I patched mine and I tried to flash it and then it didn't see my thumb drive, so I put it at the root of my Windows drive and when I tried to flash it everything froze. I rebooted and everything was fine but it kind of freaked me out.

Assuming you're talking about EzFlash, count yourself lucky! People have bricked older Asus laptops by trying to flash a file that's on an NTFS partition (EzFlash was stupid and was writing the contents of the HD itself to the BIOS flash chip rather than, you know, the file itself)...

Lol, I guess I am lucky. I was honestly sure I had bricked it when it froze, and then I restarted and I was surprised to see it boot back up.

@fvl, I just successfully patched and flashed my bios using the directions in the link you sent me and installed an unpatched AICPM. It seems to be working properly. I haven't done any of the other stuff you did yet.

EDIT: Yeah, lid sleep isn't working now. regular sleep works fine though. If I manually put it to sleep then shut the lid, it wakes from sleep when I open it back up just fine.

I finally managed to change GFX0 to IGPU in DSDT and actually see this in IOregExp. It turned out I wasn't using my edited DSDT after all, in fact I can't boot with it! I still don't know why this is, because it is patched by Clover itself. When I use an clean DSDT extracted with MaciASL however, the system can boot just fine. I guess Clover is somehow interfering here. Anyway, I now have an environment where I can try out DSDT edits.

Just for the record, I didn't use EZFlash to flash the modified BIOS, but FPT mentioned in the post.

thanks. i didnt use the theme you mentioned since whatta dummy can't seem to access it or find it.
i used a bootcamp theme though. i'll black osx theme later.

ok no problem and yes your right. I'm just saying that it might help if i share though it was too easy to find. :p

I finally managed to change GFX0 to IGPU in DSDT and actually see this in IOregExp. It turned out I wasn't using my edited DSDT after all, in fact I can't boot with it! I still don't know why this is, because it is patched by Clover itself. When I use an clean DSDT extracted with MaciASL however, the system can boot just fine. I guess Clover is somehow interfering here. Anyway, I now have an environment where I can try out DSDT edits.

Just for the record, I didn't use EZFlash to flash the modified BIOS, but FPT mentioned in the post.

You should try using and editing the dsdt i posted, it has (as far as I can tell) the same edits as the autopatched clover one and IMO it's cleaner because I did it manually with a DSDT extracted from Linux. It's working fine for me. BTW, in DSDSTE there's a hack option for a lid sleep fix, I just can't get it to work because I keep getting compile errors when I use it. But our DSDT does NOT have that patch which is probably why lid sleep isn't working with patched bios+unpatched aicpm. Perhaps you can get it to work.

Yeah I ended up not using ezflash either, I used the tool you linked to.

I seem to have screwed up my wireless. I did a DSDT patch for the battery. I saw that in S/L/E some of the patched kexts in the guide had the original date so I thought they were vanilla kexts and decided to reinstall the ones in the guide with kext utility (even though everything was working fine...). I installed them with kext utility, and now my wireless says no hardware detected. I tried installing the kext again with kextbeast and then repairing permissions with kext utility, nothing. I went back to the original dsdt, and nothing. I also tried putting the kexts inside /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.8 and that didn't help either. I'm not really sure what to do or why it's not working all of a sudden. I noticed that when I installed it with kext utility it put it in some weird location inside another kext, it was like IO80211familiy or something like that. I'm worried I might have to do a fresh install... But I'm also worried that might not work either. It's not a hardware issue because the card works fine in Windows.

VoodooBattery.kext depends on an old version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Make sure you have that one (latest/stock version is OK).

To get wireless working on our laptops you need a different version of AirPportAtheros40.kext. This one you can put in /S/L/E or in IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ as long as the original does not load.

Hope that helps

BTW, I tried the DSDT that you posted, but I get a kernel panic at boot. I will stick with the MaciASL extracted DSDT for now.

That's strange that you got a kernel panic... You have the x202e right? And yeah, I used the patched atheros40 kext, I don't know what's going on. I think it might be in both locations which is causing problems.

EDIT: Yeah, I had to reinstall the original IO80211family kext and it's working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back