Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
VoodooBattery.kext depends on an old version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Make sure you have that one (latest/stock version is OK).

To get wireless working on our laptops you need a different version of AirPportAtheros40.kext. This one you can put in /S/L/E or in IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ as long as the original does not load.

Hope that helps

BTW, I tried the DSDT that you posted, but I get a kernel panic at boot. I will stick with the MaciASL extracted DSDT for now.

Try this DSDT patch and see if it works: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...220-lenovo-applesmartbatterymanager-dsdt.html just go to patch and then open the .txt in MaciASL and then apply and compile it.

I'm also confused about what exactly the goal is here with the dsdt patch. So, we're using a snow leopard acpiplatform with a patched applesmartbattery right? And the goal is to use the vanilla 10.8.4 acpiplatform with voodoobattery to get native ivy bridge power management? Or do we need a patched version of the 10.8.4 acpi platform still?

Voodoobattery requires an old AppleACPIPlatform. Right now I am using the stock Apple AppleACPIPlatform. Therefore I have no battery manager. AppleSmartBatteryManager can work with the latest AppleACPIPlatform but this requires DSDT edits. So the goal is to use AppleSmartBatteryManager with an unpatched AppleACPIPlatform (which is required for Ivybridge PM).

BTW, AppleSmartBatteryManager is working partly already. It reports whether the battery is charging or not and I also see an estimated remaining battery time. I just don't see a percentage.

Voodoobattery requires an old AppleACPIPlatform. Right now I am using the stock Apple AppleACPIPlatform. Therefore I have no battery manager. AppleSmartBatteryManager can work with the latest AppleACPIPlatform but this requires DSDT edits. So the goal is to use AppleSmartBatteryManager with an unpatched AppleACPIPlatform (which is required for Ivybridge PM).

BTW, AppleSmartBatteryManager is working partly already. It reports whether the battery is charging or not and I also see an estimated remaining battery time. I just don't see a percentage.

Okay. I'm going to see if my patch works with vanilla AppleACPIPLatform and ASBM. Hey, do you think you could tell me what the kernel panic said when you used my DSDT? I would like to eventually have DSDT for everyone to use, I don't care whose we use but if one of us is having kernel panics we should try to figure out why. I might have accidentally given you the wrong one.

Okay. I'm going to see if my patch works with vanilla AppleACPIPLatform and ASBM. Hey, do you think you could tell me what the kernel panic said when you used my DSDT? I would like to eventually have DSDT for everyone to use, I don't care whose we use but if one of us is having kernel panics we should try to figure out why. I might have accidentally given you the wrong one.

Really what you want to do is create a collection of DSDT patches. DSDTs can vary between machine configurations, BIOS versions, hardware configs (eg. how much RAM is installed), and other factors. As a result, it is best to have a set of well-understood patches that can be applied to any native DSDT to arrive a a properly patched one.

Just a little something we learned in ProBook land...

Thanks man. Do you think you could take a look at my dsdt? I tried one of the battery patches you posted in another thread but when I try to use vanilla acpiplatform it just reboots. I have trouble with some dsdt patches like this because when mine doesn't look like the example I don't know what to do.

Also, I tried using my old dsdt (without my battery patch) with vanilla acpiplatform and I got a kernel panic and then a reboot, probably the same one that fvl was getting.

This is without any battery patch: http://d-h.st/4AA

Thanks man. Do you think you could take a look at my dsdt? I tried one of the battery patches you posted in another thread but when I try to use vanilla acpiplatform it just reboots. I have trouble with some dsdt patches like this because when mine doesn't look like the example I don't know what to do.

Also, I tried using my old dsdt (without my battery patch) with vanilla acpiplatform and I got a kernel panic and then a reboot, probably the same one that fvl was getting.

This is without any battery patch: http://d-h.st/4AA

This DSDT wrt battery methods looks exactly like the other ASUS DSDT (eg. battery patch in the battery manager thread applies). Let me know if you can't find it.

As far as your KP, I can't give you any advice without seeing the KP.

Some things you might check:
- can you boot without a battery manager at all, and no battery DSDT patches, but vanilla AppleACPIPlatform?
- can you boot with DSDT patches for battery but vanilla AppleACPIPlatform
- have you checked for conflicting battery managers? (you can't have voodoo and mine loaded at the same time)
- perhaps there is some other kext using ACPI services that depends on rolledback ACPIPlatform (eg. more DSDT edits are required in other areas, but perhaps still related to non 8-bit EC access)
- take a photo of the KP... where the KP is might lead to an answer

Rehab man, I wrote a detailed response earlier with a picture of the kernel panic and my results but the spam filter or something kept kicking in and said a moderator had to approve it. How do i avoid that? I don't know what I said that would've caused that.

The final result though was that the dsdt patch with vanilla acpiplatform and your patched asbm from 11/1/2012 booted properly and gave me a battery icon in the menu bar, but it only shows 0%. The kernel panic was because vanilla acpiplatform didn't play well with the asbm posted in the guide in the first post.

Rehab man, I wrote a detailed response earlier with a picture of the kernel panic and my results but the spam filter or something kept kicking in and said a moderator had to approve it. How do i avoid that? I don't know what I said that would've caused that.

The final result though was that the dsdt patch with vanilla acpiplstform and your patched kext from 11/1/2012 booted properly and gave me a battery icon in the menu bar, but it only shows 0%.

Probably your post violated one or more of the rules. You might want to review them:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Sounds like you didn't use the right DSDT patch or something... Post your DSDT.

The patch I'm referring to is for ASUS laptop and is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...fix-boot-without-batteries-22.html#post648723

Probably your post violated one or more of the rules. You might want to review them:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Sounds like you didn't use the right DSDT patch or something... Post your DSDT.

The patch I'm referring to is for ASUS laptop and is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...fix-boot-without-batteries-22.html#post648723

Okay, I'll post it when I get home. Do you think the moderator approval thing was because I posted some insanelynac links? I also posted a link from some Russian hackintosh site too that might have done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back