Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also using that version. I will try the latest version tomorrow.

It takes some time though before I know if it actually solves the problem. Last time I went a few days without problems. Then you start to think you're problem might be solved, and then ...

Did you change anything in the DSDT or did you just change AGPM? Because if you changed the GFX0 to IGPU in the DSDT it would definitely mess up sleep due to this: Store (One, ^^PCI0-.GFX0.CLID)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 8.55.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 8.55.29 PM.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 218
Did you change anything in the DSDT or did you just change AGPM? Because if you changed the GFX0 to IGPU in the DSDT it would definitely mess up sleep due to this: Store (One, ^^PCI0-.GFX0.CLID)

I didn't change the DSDT. Isn't it possible to just do a search and replace: GFX0 -> IGPU?

Actually, I did the opposite. I did a search and replace in AGPM Info.plist: IGPU -> GFX0.

Edit: I changed GFX0 to IGPU in the DSDT and it seems to work just the same. Still no sleep when closing the lid.

I didn't change the DSDT. Isn't it possible to just do a search and replace: GFX0 -> IGPU?

Actually, I did the opposite. I did a search and replace in AGPM Info.plist: IGPU -> GFX0.

Edit: I changed GFX0 to IGPU in the DSDT and it seems to work just the same. Still no sleep when closing the lid.

Strange. I'm actually not having that problem, just intermittently not waking from sleep. I can still put it to sleep by closing the lid, though.

I did some DSDT work. I noticed the DSDT in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin was actually one that Clover had autopatched. I'm assuming that's how it normally works. I decided to make one from scratch, so I extracted it with Linux and did some patches: DTGP, FNBUTTON (not sure if this is doing anything yet, it just sounded like it would be useful), HPET, RTC, TIMR, and HDEF. I don't have HDMI audio or headphones but I have internal speaker working using a patched AppleHDA+IOAudioFamily and the HDEF DSDT edit. I think the microphone is still screwed up too. I've attached the edited DSDT, AppleHDA.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext. Delete VoodooHDA.kext and AppleHDADisabler.kext from S/L/E and install the attached kexts, then put the dsdt.aml in the efi partition in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

fvl, I think you might be better at DSDT edits than me (I'm pretty new at it), do you think you can help me get the audio working properly with my patched kexts? I think I just need to do some more work on the DSDT. I'm not sure about the kexts, they might need more work too.

Original thread for kexts: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/283038-zenbook-prime-fixes-mods-tweaks-etc/

DSDT and kexts: http://d-h.st/BuM

Patched DSDT.dsl without HDEF patch: http://d-h.st/wvI

EDIT: I also have the codec dumps for the audio, I just don't know how to patch AppleHDA myself. I tried but I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. It's Realtek ALC269VB. http://d-h.st/3Vq

Before sleep was working when I closed the lid. But when I changed to native Ivybridge PM, it didn't work anymore. My guess is that it will also need a DSDT patch to convert 16 bit ints to 8 bit, just like the battery manager kext.

TBH, I am also pretty new at DSDT editing. I would first like to get the battery manager working properly. Then I will also look into the audio issue. I guess we can figure it out together :) Sounds promising though. It would be nice to get rid of the VoodooHDA.

Before sleep was working when I closed the lid. But when I changed to native Ivybridge PM, it didn't work anymore. My guess is that it will also need a DSDT patch to convert 16 bit ints to 8 bit, just like the battery manager kext.

TBH, I am also pretty new at DSDT editing. I would first like to get the battery manager working properly. Then I will also look into the audio issue. I guess we can figure it out together :) Sounds promising though. It would be nice to get rid of the VoodooHDA.

Yeah, I tried to do the ACPI patch and none of the stuff in my DSDT looked anything like the guide I was looking at so I got really confused. That's where I get lost with DSDT editing. This computer isn't as bad as my XPS720, I couldn't find anything in the DSDT so someone had to edit it for me. This computer at least makes a little bit of sense.

So yeah I think if we put our heads together we can figure this out. I found this tool in post #78 in this thread that patches AppleHDA for different codecs: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280468-applehda-patching-in-mountain-lion/page-4 unfortunately it didn't work even though it said it successfully patched it and I ended up with no sound options whatsoever. As soon as I went back to the AppleHDA I posted, internal speakers were working again.

Now here's something strange... My system info shows all audio inputs and outputs even though I don't have any of these options in system prefs except for internal speakers and built-in mic input. I attached a screenshot.
On a side note, am I the only one who's tilde key doesn't work? When I press tilde it does this character:§

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 3.06.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 3.06.02 AM.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 200
Mic is actually working fine with the patched AppleHDA, I recorded it into Logic and it doesn't sound distorted or anything.

Correct keyboard layout with working tilde key I that i made in Ukelele: http://d-h.st/LGV Copy it to /Library/Keyboard Layouts, log out and back in again, then go to System Preferences>Keyboard>Input sources, make sure keyboard and character viewer is shown, then choose the second U.S. layout that has a picture of a keyboard instead of an American flag. Then click on the flag in the menu bar and choose the other keyboard. You can hide the input menu after that.

It seems that none of the DSDT edits I make actually end up on my system. For instance when I rename GFX0 to IGPU, I still see GFX0 in IORegistryExplorer. It looks like clover is somehow overriding every edit I make. So how do I actually use an edited DSDT?

I tried putting FixDsdtMask to 0x0000 and turning StringInjector on and off. Also, the DSDT is definitely seen by clover, because without it the system won't boot. But I don't see any changes.

@Manic Harmon1c: I have a working ~ all along.

You put the patched DSDT in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder right? I'm using mine in the patched folder and I left the old one in the original folder. Are you sure it's using it at all? I know mine is working because I had to make hdef changes to get audio to work with AppleHDA. All i had to do was put it in the patched folder.

Also did you do anything special to flash your patched bios? I patched mine and I tried to flash it and then it didn't see my thumb drive, so I put it at the root of my Windows drive and when I tried to flash it everything froze. I rebooted and everything was fine but it kind of freaked me out.

I put my DSDT and SSDT in EFI/ACPI/patched. I do think Clover sees them, because I can change p states from the SSDT and when I remove the DSDT the system won't boot. However, any changes seem to be ignored. When I extract a new DSDT after boot, it doesn't have the edits and like I said, renaming GFX0 to IGPU doesn't show up in IORegistryExplorer. Do you have any special entries in you config.plist, that were not in the original plist?

To flash my bios I used the mini guide by CodeRush here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285444-pmpatch-uefi-patching-utility/page-3#entry1885334

You will need to boot into Windows. I also extracted the bios and modified it in Windows. I got a green bar, meaning that the flash was OK and the status of the flashed bios verified.

There's probably some other edits you need to do along with those that you aren't doing. Are you using the one that came in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder as a base, are you using the one I posted, or are you using your own extracted one? If you're using your own make sure you have the DTGP edit at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back