Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mojave on ASUS K501UW-AB78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this still work with High Sierra or Mojave? Or do you not know because you don’t have the machine anymore? It’s a shame that Intel WiFi cards don’t work but it would work with an adapter, right? Only asking because i have this exact machine and I’ve been wanting to triple boot macOS, Windows, and Ubuntu for a while now. I already dual boot but I need another drive for macOS. Which one did you use?
it should work, but with perhaps a few modifications.
By adapter, do you mean usb wifi dongle? I use an edimax chip, roughly $15 on amazon.. until i replaced my internal card with adw1560.
The dw1560 has windows, linux, and macos support.

it should work, but with perhaps a few modifications.
By adapter, do you mean usb wifi dongle? I use an edimax chip, roughly $15 on amazon.. until i replaced my internal card with adw1560.
The dw1560 has windows, linux, and macos support.
Yes. I did mean a WiFi dongle. How easy was it to replace the internal card?

It's not that hard, but that's just me.
Unscrew ~10 screws, and pop off plastic bottom (i think)? It's held in place with plastic clips, so using a guitar-pick-opener-tool would help. The m.2 card is held in place with a small phillips. Use a skewer or toothpick to disconnect the antennas.

I've adapted the guide as best I could for Mojave, feel free to give it a go and tell me how it works?

I've adapted the guide as best I could for Mojave, feel free to give it a go and tell me how it works?
That sounds easy enough! I don’t have the funds to get the extra hard drive right now but when I do I will absolutely give it a go! Thank you so much for updating the guide!

I'm in the process of setting up the flash drive... do I use your plist or the one provided from the linked tutorial by RehabMan?

I'm in the process of setting up the flash drive... do I use your plist or the one provided from the linked tutorial by RehabMan?
For mojave, use Rehabman's, definitely.
Please hold a minute - I just realised that the backlight kext probably won't work. Updating it now.

Edit: Post updated! You'll need to read Rehabman's guides carefully, and rely on it more. If you need any help, just let me know!

Last edited:
For mojave, use Rehabman's, definitely.
Please hold a minute - I just realised that the backlight kext probably won't work. Updating it now.

Edit: Post updated! You'll need to read Rehabman's guides carefully, and rely on it more. If you need any help, just let me know!
Thanks so much for helping me out! I have another question: Do I have to mess with the DMVT-prealloc string in the attached config.plist? I set my BIOS setting to 128MB, if that helps.

Also, it gets to the Apple logo/verbose mode for a few seconds then reboots.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for helping me out! I have another question: Do I have to mess with the DMVT-prealloc string in the attached config.plist? I set my BIOS setting to 128MB, if that helps.

Also, it gets to the Apple logo/verbose mode for a few seconds then reboots.
128 is fine, as long as it's above 64.

128 is fine, as long as it's above 64.
Do I have to remove the string from the plist file or just leave it?

And do you have any ideas about the rebooting? I told Clover to disable rebooting on Kernel panic and it shows me that it did panic and to report it to panic.apple.com. Of course, since this is a Hackintosh, I’m not going to do that but I want to get to the root of the cause.

I’m attaching a photo of the last messages sent before the panic and also a slo-mo to see exactly what it says, if that helps (you may have to wait for YouTube to add the higher resolution video to see anything) Click me!

Attachments

• F908DBEF-279A-451E-9907-2CE42C09FA7B.jpeg
    F908DBEF-279A-451E-9907-2CE42C09FA7B.jpeg
    7.3 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back