Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] macOS 13 Ventura on Z390 Aorus Elite with RX 6600 and OpenCore 0.8.6

Hi miliuco, hi everyone.
I have just upgraded to Ventura and changed my graphics card, RX 580 for a Saffire RX 6600XT and I am facing a strange problem. At startup, 8 times out of 10, I find myself with this screen:
"The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 2560×1440, 75Hz or any other monitor listed timing as per the monitor specifications."
Sometimes it passes, I can see the OC interface, but, most of the time, I get this message, then black screen and then the desktop. It's very annoying and obviously I didn't have that with the 580.

I've already tried all sorts of approaches, especially those recommended by miliuco, but none of these combinations get rid of this error message.

@geticus
Not sure about your issue. Probably this has nothing to do but, if you have variable freq. rate in System Preferences >> Screens, change it to fixed.
How is connected the display, hdmi or dp?

Hi, thanks for your interest. I connect with an HDMI cable, the same one I used with the RX 580. And no, the frequency is fixed, I set it even on 75 Hz, and I added this resolution in OC.
Something I notice, if I turn off the screen and then turn it back on, I can access the bios for example. Very strange story. I'm going to buy a DP cable tomorrow to see...

Got some problems with the postinstall; booted into Ventura (13.2), followed all the instructions and apparently everything worked out.
After a reboot, i cannot see any boot devices from the bios (i got 2 nvmes, 1 for macos 1 for windows) and i'm stucked.
What can i do? (bios f10h)

@markmn89
Did it happen after a nvram reset?
Go to the boot devices menu of the bios. Can yo see here the 2 disks on the 2 first places?

I did this:
Update bios to 10h
Install ventura on my first nvme

No nvram reset. I see both disks on the list but on the boot option i can only see one "thing" called "OpenCore" (it doesn't work)

@markmn89
Not sure. There is something wrong in the EFI folder. Pressing space bar in the OC menu, can you see ResetNVRAM? If you see it, do a nvram reset, entering bios setup to check that the macOS disk is first.
Download my EFI and try with it as is, comm if you see the boot entries in the picker.

I downloaded your efi folder but i wasn't able to see the menu of opencore(also right now)

@markmn89
Did you rename the selected config file to config.plist? See post number 27.

Back