Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Mac OS 10.8 on Sony Vaio SA/SB/SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks ok. Of course the only thing that matters is org.chameleon.Boot.plist, not the log...

This is the log:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Do i have to modify something here?

This is the log:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Do i have to modify something here?

Nope...

Please let me know if that`s normal to have the black screen with small backlight after installation -v as you suggested. Should i wait ... for how long? I was thinking to make the boot and leave it untill the morning..because is almost 4 AM here...i would appreciate a quick reply from you so i can start the boot from USB.

I have a USB 3.0 usb and i created the boot usb on 2.0 port...should i stick it in the 2.0 port or the 3.0 prot? Does it matter where?

I am trying to figure it out every problem that i might have just to have the OS installed .. :D

Please let me know if that`s normal to have the black screen with small backlight after installation -v as you suggested. Should i wait ... for how long? I was thinking to make the boot and leave it untill the morning..because is almost 4 AM here...i would appreciate a quick reply from you so i can start the boot from USB.

I have a USB 3.0 usb and i created the boot usb on 2.0 port...should i stick it in the 2.0 port or the 3.0 prot? Does it matter where?

I am trying to figure it out every problem that i might have just to have the OS installed .. :D

This is the screen that stayed for 6 hours and nothing happened

http://i.cubeupload.com/DfZ2ik.jpg

I have read but i`m a little bit foggy with this. On my configuration, i have Ivy Bridge.
Do i have to use MB on the USB i created with UB and chameleon? I have to write over it?

As for the SSDT, how will i get a custom smbios? I don`t know what to do in this step...i read the post 5 times and to be honest, i do not understand.

Based on my laptop configuration, can you give me some hints, for a noob like me.

I have read but i`m a little bit foggy with this. On my configuration, i have Ivy Bridge.
Do i have to use MB on the USB i created with UB and chameleon? I have to write over it?

Booting the installer created with Unibeast, you will not experience that panic because of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /Extra/Extensions.

As for the SSDT, how will i get a custom smbios? I don`t know what to do in this step...i read the post 5 times and to be honest, i do not understand.

You can get some smbios configs from Multibeast or more via Chameleon Wizard.

Bonjour,

Until now, My Sony Vaio VPC SA4B4E/X is running in dualboot (Yosemite 10.10.4 and Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit). I replaced original « H20 Inside » Bios by hacked one’s and replaced « WIFI+BT » card (by AWE-123H) to access WiFI under Yosemite. No problem with that.

Everything is running well under Windows and I have two little problems with Yosemite.

I use exhaustively [FONT=&amp]pack v0.8.2 VAIOPACK.zip.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1)[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Very often, I haven’t Battery charge control sign on menu bar.When Battery control charge is present, there is a black cross inside battery icône.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]2)[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]An another annoying point is the touchpad. Works very well except « two finger » windows scroll. Also, I dont have access with the touchpad to the scroll bar on windows side. I use up/down arrow keys to scroll up/down windows.[/FONT]

I use DSDT.aml 1600x900 for screen 1600x900 (from VaioPack) which is the resolution of VPCSA4B4E/X screen (13,3 inch).

I am looking around ACPIBatteryManager.kext, FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2.kext. This last one is very specific for Vaio VPCSA (from VaioPack), others dont work (X,Y resolution).

All Kext are under clover Kext folder « Others », I dont think the problem is here. May be ther is too much kext.

For the batteryManager may be there is a conflict with Yosemite Kext in S/L/E. I have to look there and try something !

If you can help me on this two point. [FONT=&amp]I have two month experience with Mac environment.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Have a good day and thanks in advance.[/FONT] :confused:

[FONT=&amp]Very often, I haven’t Battery charge control sign on menu bar.When Battery control charge is present, there is a black cross inside battery icône.[/FONT]

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

[FONT=&amp]An another annoying point is the touchpad. Works very well except « two finger » windows scroll. Also, I dont have access with the touchpad to the scroll bar on windows side. I use up/down arrow keys to scroll up/down windows.[/FONT]

Which trackpad is in the laptop?

I use DSDT.aml 1600x900 for screen 1600x900 (from VaioPack) which is the resolution of VPCSA4B4E/X screen (13,3 inch).

Bad idea to use a DSDT from another computer. You should patch your own DSDT.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Bonjour,
1) Battery status work.
I just compiled and saved the file « DSDT_1600x900_alt_battery.dsl » found on « VAIOPACK » file at the top of this Guide. Now, I can read battery status, currently at 100%.

2) Touchpad work very well except « Two fingers » features to scroll windows down and up. According « Sony Vaio Support » Windows 8.1 touchpad require Alps driver. Personnaly, I dont installed it under Windows 8.1 and everything is OK.

On OS X, I tried several « VoodooPS2controller.kext » one dedicated for Alps. It does not work properly. The X,Y resolution is too low to exploit them. I read that X,Y resolution may be changed with the means of Kext in file « Info.Plist » ?

Do you think that DSDT change can fix this behavior ?

Thanks for your attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back