Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lion on Sony Vaio SA/SB/SE (VPCSA/SB/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [GUIDE][DSDT help needed] Lion on Sony Vaio SA/SB (VPCSA/SB)

jaymonkey said:
Hi Cyber Walrus

Any more luck with USB3 ?

If not, have you or any of the other VAIO S owners here tried the OSX LaCie USB3 Driver ? Its available for free on the LaCie website here :-

<span>http://www.lacie.com/more/index.htm?id=10112</span>

I read that a Sony VAIO user got is USB3 working using this driver here:-

<span>http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=53788</span>

Not sure if its the same chipset as S series, might need a few tweaks to the info.plist

Jay

It loads, but there's some serious problems with it. It has a very high chance of freezing up the OS when a usb is inserted/removed. Unsure what to pursue in order to fix it.

CyberWalrus said:
kingofkings6 said:
hey guys i'm uploading some kext i used for my vaio which worked for me
battery, trackpad, keyboard, wifi, ethernet.
i hope it will help you.. try them

what changes have you done in your dsdt??
i've modified my dsdt again , plz look into it and tell if i made anything wrong

2 very bad ideas there: deleting apple smbios really isnt a fix, and will probably just lead to crashes every time system information is attempted to be read, which is.. kinda a lot.
Reading though the thread from start to finish is also an incredibly bad idea, as many things have changed in the development of lion on this laptop. Updated instructions are on the first post always. Deleting power management kexts is a bad idea, as the pack no longer contains patched ones, as the patcher has been added into multibeast.

Anyway, I ran though your dsdt, fixed most warnings/errors. Many of the problems you stated might be fixed now. You should be able to follow the guide in the first post, but when it comes to copying kexts from my pack, you should use voodooHDA rather than AppleHDA, as I doubt you have the same realtek chipset as us. I would recommend re-installing before you do this, as it sounds like you may have messed some things up.

DSDTpatched.aml

@CYBERWALRUS
hey thanx alot i installed fixed dsdt, first i installed it without removing old vodoohda.kext after rebooting it shown kernel panica and thn i removed mine install dsdt and thn installed vodooHDA uploaded by you, working fine..
sleep also working now

only thing i want now is BLUETOOTH..
is there anyway to work bluetooth without that windows thing cuz i deleted my win7 and now only workin on lion..

CyberWalrus,

I have been using your previous version of DSDT for 1920x1080 and switched to your latest version with USB2 fix (by replacing the EDID portion). The graphics is very unstable graphics garbled randomly. Sometimes at boot up the screen is all garbled, anothertime it looks fine but the windows close/min/max buttons starting to garbled. I am reverting to older version and will need to study what to change.

Another problem I am having is that if I view the kernel.log, I see that both AppleIntelHD3000 not loading because it can't find IOGraphicsFamily.kext and ATIRadeon3000 won't load because of missing Gen6Accelerator class. Can you verify that those are working for you? If they are then I will have to reload Lion again.

Thanks for all your help,

wadalada

Attachments

• 1112.jpg
    1112.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 147

@CyberWalrus

Good news.

solved the issue that speak didn't work after waking up system from sleep.
just replace IOAUDIOFAMILY.KEXT. use the version i attached.

if you got any issue (such as whatever you do speak doesn't work) from earlier version of appleHDA.kext which download from top page, then try use this the one i have attached...
only difference between these two version is ConfigData. If your speaker, mic, noise reduction, headset all work well except the problem that speaker no sound after waking up, then you don't really need to replace appleHDA.kext, just replace IOAUDIOFAMILY.KEXT.

Attachments

• applehda.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 78

My SB35. Brightness 50% at boot, 100% after wake up. How i can fix this issue ?.

vaio36 & kingofkings6,

Do you have any error with regards to AppleIntelHD3000.kext and IOGraphicsFamily in your /var/log/kernel? I have a feeling that my install is not complete with the error I am getting.

Thanks,

wadalada

wadalada said:
vaio36 & kingofkings6,

Do you have any error with regards to AppleIntelHD3000.kext and IOGraphicsFamily in your /var/log/kernel? I have a feeling that my install is not complete with the error I am getting.

Thanks,

wadalada
these two errors
Transcript Offline - Buffer Pool Allocate [181000] failed
No interval found for . Using 8000000

@wadalada
new chimera1.9 has released, it supports multiple cards. try that

kingofkings6 said:
@wadalada
new chimera1.9 has released, it supports multiple cards. try that
Umm... It adds support for having multiple nvidia graphics cards, presumably in SLI. This is of little relevance to our issues

If the messages you are getting are the ones in vaio36's post, then they are nothing to worry about. I believe every hackintosh using the intel 3000 gets those "errors"

For anyone getting graphics issues: It would appear that they have always been present in nearly all intel 3000 hackintoshes, But for some reason they are much more frequent for us with the 10.7.3 update. There are 2 solutions that I have tested that work for us:
1.) Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and change "UseKernelCache" to "No". Unsure why this helps, as the kernel cache doesn't have anything to do with the presumed root reasons for this (it is presumed that something to do with VRAM isn't quite coordinating with our fakeSMC device)
2.) Install "SMCPingDaemon" from here https://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=170 This is also a crazy "why does this work" kinda fix, but it does work.

I will be updating the pack/guide with these fixes soon, as well as vaio36's sound fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back