Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lion on Sony Vaio SA/SB/SE (VPCSA/SB/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [GUIDE][DSDT help needed] Lion on Sony Vaio SA/SB (VPCSA/SB)

Hi,

i'm back again...
After running my Sony Vaio successfully with OSX Lion 10.7 and Windows side by side (old Post: viewtopic.php?f=170&t=41669&start=140 ) if tryed to update to 10.7.3 but sadly during the reinstalltion of the new kexts i restarted to early. OSX asked me while shutting down if i want to install the 10.7.3 update after rebooting, i selected reboot normal because, as i sad i had'nt all kexts installed and hopped that the system would give me the chance to fix that after a reboot without updating.
Sadly the reboot was'nt succesfull after all. It early interrupts telling me that the AppleCPUPowerManagment (or someting like this) kext throws a exception.
EDIT: Now i know what causes the exception:
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelPowerManagment

As far as i know this kext is one of the kexts which have to be updated with your fixed ones.
Of course there might be the opportunity to reinstall the whole system to get my old system back but that would be very much work. I can't simply reinstall OSX because since i added windows to the system, it changed the GUID tabble to a MBR which doesn't allow me to reinstall it on the lion partition despite the fact that before it was also working on MBR. So i first have to backUp Windows, erase the HDD, install OSX again, restore Winows, link both systems....

So i thought:
I can still boot Windows and via Multibeast USB Stick accessing the OSX install procedure. One part of the utilitys int the install OSX application is a shell.
So would'nt it be possible to change the proplematic kexts manually with the shell with one of your fixed ones???
Or isn't there a tool (accept time machine, i have no backups) to recover a broken OSX installation??

Any help/idea??

vaio36 said:
@CyberWalrus

there is another small problem within latest dsdt. you did fix dual link,however, edid is still wrong(

and, battery doesn't work even i installed the voodoobattery and appleacpiplaform.

i've upload a dsdt you edited for me before, with this dsdt, battery works perfectly with applebatterymanager.
oh i uploaded appleps2 keyboard, mouse and touchpad drivers in the topic before, that one can replace voodoops2, it works better and voodoo and since sa/sb use alps touchpad, that is impossible to get multi touch function...because alps touchpad doesn't support that function.

i figured that you did a lot work on igpu codes..
i wonder if you could replace gfx0 codes by igpu codes within the dsdt ive uploaded.i appreciate...i tried myself....when i just tried to delete gfx0 and paste igpu, there were a lot mistake exist.....
Really cant understand whats going wrong for you. Comparing the dsdt you attached with the one in the pack, the battery code and EDID injection info are identical. The only things of note that is different is the fixed HPET for USBs, and a few changes I don't really understand that I took from maldon's dsdt. Nothing to do with battery or graphics though.
I merged some more differences between my dsdt and yours into mine, does this fix things?DSDT_1366x768_test.aml

TheVaioThing said:
Hi,

i'm back again...
After running my Sony Vaio successfully with OSX Lion 10.7 and Windows side by side (old Post: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... &start=140 ) if tryed to update to 10.7.3 but sadly during the reinstalltion of the new kexts i restarted to early. OSX asked me while shutting down if i want to install the 10.7.3 update after rebooting, i selected reboot normal because, as i sad i had'nt all kexts installed and hopped that the system would give me the chance to fix that after a reboot without updating.
Sadly the reboot was'nt succesfull after all. It early interrupts telling me that the AppleCPUPowerManagment (or someting like this) kext throws a exception.
As far as i know this kext is one of the kexts which have to be updated with your fixed ones.
Of course there might be the opportunity to reinstall the whole system to get my old system back but that would be very much work. I can't simply reinstall OSX because since i added windows to the system, it changed the GUID tabble to a MBR which doesn't allow me to reinstall it on the lion partition despite the fact that before it was also working on MBR. So i first have to backUp Windows, erase the HDD, install OSX again, restore Winows, link both systems....

So i thought:
I can still boot Windows and via Multibeast USB Stick accessing the OSX install procedure. One part of the utilitys int the install OSX application is a shell.
So would'nt it be possible to change the proplematic kexts manually with the shell with one of your fixed ones???
Or isn't there a tool (accept time machine, i have no backups) to recover a broken OSX installation??

Any help/idea??
You might be able to boot by adding "nullcpupowermanagement.kext" (google) and then forcing kext reload on boot (I think the boot flag is -f, not sure though.)

Attachments

• DSDT_1366x768_test.aml
    33.2 KB · Views: 96

Now i know what causes the exception:
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelPowerManagment

@CyberWalrus
Short response time... But how can i add the kext???

Do you meen like this:
Code:
cp -R /Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/*your lion volume name here*/Extra/Extensions/
chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/*your lion volume name here*/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
chmod -R 755 /Volumes/*your lion volume name here*/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

CyberWalrus said:
jaymonkey said:
Dear CyberWalrus,

I am going to have a go at installing OSX 10.7.3 on a brand new 15" Sony Vaio SE. Having read through this topic it looks like I stand a good chance of getting most of it to work. However I have downloaded your VAIO Pack and see that it does not contain the 1920x1080 ami file.

I read that you developed one and I'm sure i read that you where going to integrate it into your pack. Do you still have it and if so does it include all the recent DSDT fixes to date ?

I have started a new topic here for Sony VAIO SE users :-

<span>[url="http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=55136"]http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=55136[/url][/url]</span>

So far no one wants to post anything. I will add to it once i get my laptop and start installing. I hope you can help.

I was hoping to hear from the user liferedundancies as he has been working with you on getting your pack to work on the SE and it seems he has had some good results. Any and all help will be much appreciated and i will post my guide and experiences into my new topic above.

Kind Regards
Jay
In theory it should just require a small change for the different EDID injection. If you could dump your EDID from windows using the moninfo tool (I think its still included in my pack, if not google) then I will add a dsdt with that info.

kingofkings6 said:
atleast tell me what code and where i should put in my DSDT to control brightness

i've extract DSDT and fix error and installed it but i didnt found anything changed

i'm attaching my dsdt..

Ill apply some basic patches to it when I get the chance, should fix most of your issues I guess.

thnx for listening to me.. atleast some one said to help me. here i post many thread but no one come forward to help me on my problems..
also how to make my trackpad (ALPS) two finger scrolling etc.. nont prefane worked for me..

@CyberWalrus

Yes, you made it. battery works with applebatterymanager1.0 and appleacpiplatform 1.3.5 now..

must say the codes you took from maldon's dsdt have some kinds of connection with battery parts..

thank you..

and here is the kexts for battery , and the dsdt.aml? and keyboard, mouse, touchpad drivers...which could replace voodoops2..

Attachments

• battery.zip
    454.2 KB · Views: 83
  • DSDT.aml
    33.2 KB · Views: 119
  • keyboard&amp;touchpad.zip
    66.6 KB · Views: 64

Hi CyberWalrus, I just installed via MultiBeast the new VaioPack you updated in the first post. It did repair the USB's, great. But it disabled the monitor!!! :(

Now it only works with the HDMI output, but it doesn't detect the Laptop monitor anymore.

Any idea why or how to work around it?

Thanks,

Federico

vaio36 said:
@CyberWalrus

Yes, you made it. battery works with applebatterymanager1.0 and appleacpiplatform 1.3.5 now..

must say the codes you took from maldon's dsdt have some kinds of connection with battery parts..

thank you..

and here is the kexts for battery , and the dsdt.aml? and keyboard, mouse, touchpad drivers...which could replace voodoops2..

Hey Vaio36, I installed the last DSDT and kexts you uploaded and now I have both USB AND monitor working, great! The only thing left for me (that I care about anyway) is battery. It is not working. When I go to system preferences and try to check the checkbox for watching the battery status it automatically uncheck again as it always did. What can I do to get that working? is a bit worrisome to use the laptop on battery without it because you have really not much warning when it is becoming depleted and eventually can turn off and lose the data :(

best! thank you for all these efforts guys!!!!!
:clap:
Federico

@Federico

what is your vaio model?

the battery works on my vpcsb36fg.

i don't understand? it supposed to work on yours if your model is vpcsb36 too.

or did you install voodoobattery? if you did, try to delete voodoobattery...
if it doesn't work anyway, then install appleacpiplatform.kext and voodoobattery in the vaiopack.zip which attached by CyberWalrus

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 221
  • dsd.jpg
    dsd.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 173

vaio36 said:
@Federico

what is your vaio model?

the battery works on my vpcsb36fg.

i don't understand? it supposed to work on yours if your model is vpcsb36 too.

or did you install voodoobattery? if you did, try to delete voodoobattery...
if it doesn't work anyway, then install appleacpiplatform.kext and voodoobattery in the vaiopack.zip which attached by CyberWalrus

VPCSB190X is my model. Your kexts in replacement for touchpad/keyboard don't work either for me. I reinstalled VoodooPs2 kexts, those work (for touchpad/keyboard). Either your kexts or voodoo battery both do not work for me. I have no battery monitor no matter what I install. Any other thing to try?

As another note, the touchpad with VAIO VPCSB DOES have multitouch in windows, so I guess it could be worked out to emulate the mac touchpad.

Best and thank you!
Federico

Okay thanks to cyberwalrus i'm no able to boot.
I copied NullCPUPowerManagement with the terminal to the my lion extensions folder; with normal bootup flags it still crashes but with -f it boots. But after booting i only can see a black screen on the internal screen, i've also tested if a external monitor gets any input but there is also no picture displayed.
Is there any kext for this??
Or might the new DSDT be the problem???
If yes how can I change this???

Again: I was able to run multibeast BEFORE accidentally shuting down the system. Bu i wasn't able to add the special kexts for our vaio system.

Any idea??
First step seems to be done but no still need help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back