Contribute
Register

[Guide] LENOVO Z50-70 using Clover UEFI (10.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound

Sound is working fine but I cannot used the function Keys to changes the Volume, however the only possible way is to use the Slider at the Volume Icon at the top right on the screen

Problem is the version of macOS you have (10.12.0). Install 10.12.1.

Battery

My Battery seems decreasing 1% every 5 mins is it normal can you check from the files attached

I see no issue with power management. If you have a lot of data files, your system will be quite busy indexing them for Spotlight search. Check in Activity Montior.

During Boot

I can see the Apple logo and loading progress, however during the progress the screen goes bit grabbled and then the login screen comes , what could be the issue here

It is normal. You can reduce it somewhat by enabling CSM. Further reduction in the duration with SSD.

But all that said... you did not follow the guide. You shoud not have ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, SSDT-3.aml, SSDT-4.aml.

Dear Rehabman,

Thank you for your response....

Problem is the version of macOS you have (10.12.0). Install 10.12.1.

Iam Currently downloading the update from the Apple site and am not downing via the Apple Store

What way I can update...can I update it just fare install it will be fine right ???

So you mean to say there no need to worry as the power management and the battery ???

I see no issue with power management. If you have a lot of data files said:
[QUOTE it is normal. You can reduce it somewhat by enabling CSM. Further reduction in the duration with SSD.

But all that said... you did not follow the guide. You shoud not have ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, SSDT-3.aml, SSDT-4.aml.

Enabling CSM option is not there in my BIOS, CSM means to enable secure boot ???

Shall I remove the DSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, SSDT-3.aml, SSDT-4.aml from ACPI/patched ??????

One more thing is CTRL+C and CTRL+V is not working I have to do it via trackpad....what could be the issue ???

Iam Currently downloading the update from the Apple site and am not downing via the Apple Store

App Store update will work the same.

can I update it just fare install it will be fine right ???

I cannot predict the future.

So you mean to say there no need to worry as the power management and the battery ???

As per my previous reply, you should check Activity Monitor.

Enabling CSM option is not there in my BIOS, CSM means to enable secure boot ???

CSM is often tied to legacy boot.

Shall I remove the DSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, SSDT-3.aml, SSDT-4.aml from ACPI/patched ??????

Yes, of course. These files are not called for by the guide.

One more thing is CTRL+C and CTRL+V is not working I have to do it via trackpad....what could be the issue ???

What do you expect those keys to do? Mac uses Command+C and Command+V for copy/paste. Command is the ALT key.

I have removed the SDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml, SSDT-3.aml, SSDT-4.aml from ACPI/patched :)

Regarding the 10.12.1 update, I tried to update via store, it asked me to reboot the laptop..so I clicked to reboot then after that the screen got grabbled and it stuck in the black screen with multiple Apple Logos in it...and I can't see any progress there....am curious...what happened...so having a fear in mind..I pressed the Power button of my laptop

Any suggestions would be appreciated

===========================================================================

Want to know one more thing, while executing this I have got the below output

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Abinashs-iMac:RehabMan abinash$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_CX20751.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

KernelCache ID: FA1ADA80373B6F2D41A20B7C83BEBE23

symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Abinashs-iMac:RehabMan abinash$

Is it normal ??? ....and even when I used to install the kext's via the script..it ave me the same output

Regarding the 10.12.1 update, I tried to update via store, it asked me to reboot the laptop..so I clicked to reboot then after that the screen got grabbled and it stuck in the black screen with multiple Apple Logos in it...and I can't see any progress there....am curious...what happened...so having a fear in mind..I pressed the Power button of my laptop

It is because you didn't follow the guide.
You have no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (other directories under EFI/Clover/kexts should be deleted).
You cannot expect to boot macOS without FakeSMC.kext.

Want to know one more thing, while executing this I have got the below output

Is it normal ???

Yes.

It is because you didn't follow the guide.
You have no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (other directories under EFI/Clover/kexts should be deleted).
You cannot expect to boot macOS without FakeSMC.kext.

So I have deleted the other directories under EFI/Clover/kexts should be deleted and kept only the 'Other' directory under EFI/Clover/kexts

Shall I download the FakeSMC.kext and Paste there???

And what about other Kexts shall I place them as well or only the FakeSMC as I have installed other Kexts via the Install Script ?

So I have deleted the other directories under EFI/Clover/kexts should be deleted and kept only the 'Other' directory under EFI/Clover/kexts

Shall I download the FakeSMC.kext and Paste there???

And what about other Kexts shall I place them as well or only the FakeSMC as I have installed other Kexts via the Install Script ?

Setting up EFI/Clover/kexts is clearly documented in the guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Read both post #1 and post #2.

Ok I have read the guide in post #1 and post #2.

Now how should I usual the FakeSMC.Kext .... shall I download and copy paste in ACPI/kexts/other or I need to install via some Kext Installer ??

Ok I have read the guide in post #1 and post #2.

Now how should I usual the FakeSMC.Kext .... shall I download and copy paste in ACPI/kexts/other or I need to install via some Kext Installer ??

I don't understand "how should I usual".
As per guide, populating EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is simple copy/paste with Finder.

I don't understand "how should I usual".
As per guide, populating EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is simple copy/paste with Finder.

Sorry it was a typo..please ignore...you understood correct :)

I will now copy and paste the FakeSMC.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and test it...I will update you the status after I update the OSX version to the latest 10.12.1 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back