Contribute
Register

[Guide] LENOVO Z50-70 using Clover UEFI (10.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My clover efi won't read config.plist after fresh install sierra. Before el capitan work fine

After I was change SMbios from MacBookPro to MacBookAir clean(partitioning hdd, no other installed systems on other partitions) system installation are done without errors. After cleaning caches and installation of 10.12.1 update a sound operate normally(VoodooHDA 2.8.8).

Hi, i have a Lenovo Thinkpad E440 with audio CX20751 like the audio used in this post, i wonder if i could use the kext provided in this post?? and how??

Fact remains this guide is somewhat unauthorized copy-cat... and is not being maintained.

Real guide is linked by post #108.

Note that my Z50 github uses CodecCommander.kext for setting the pin configs and .zml.zlib files in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources. Not sure what the current guide uses, but I think it uses an AppleHDA injector.

It isn't a copy cat guide nor unauthorized guide.
@BraveKnight has not issued any copyright over is style of writing a guide.

Moreover, whenever I edit the guide it shows me "It includes some spam elements.....". That's why I am unable to edit the guide.

I made some changes in my guide when I first wrote it. This was when @BraveKnight did'nt update his guide for 10.11 and when members had to refer to two (Yours and @BraveKnight's) git repo's to install additional files to make MacOS work on the laptop. So I had made the process simpler in my guide and whoever followed @BraveKnight's guide for 10.11's could easily follow my guide too, that's why I made it look similar.

I wanted to incorporate some more changes and keep it up to date but I couldn't due to error I receive like (It includes some spam elements. But infact they were'nt any!).

For now, I am re-writing the guide again.

Last edited:
The repo hasn't been updated for the 10.12 yet, some patches need to be updated. The new guide will be posted after the official release of Sierra with the updated patches and scripts.

MacOS Sierra has officialy been released. :)

I freshly installed MacOS Sierra on my laptop today. Never had any problem. Change your pendrive.

I installed sierra on my z50 -70 and everything is working perfectly, except the wifi and bluetooh, how did you get the wifi to work?

I installed sierra on my z50 -70 and everything is working perfectly, except the wifi and bluetooh, how did you get the wifi to work?

Did you install compatible WiFi hardware? (also, patched BIOS must be flashed prior).

You might make sure you're following the guide as written... and all files are up-to-date...

This repo has used different techniques in the past for AppleHDA. At one point it copied *.zml.zlib to AppleHDA resources. At another point it used AppleHDA injector kext. They are mutually exclusive solutions.

You have a config.plist patch for *.zml.zlib in AppleHDA resources, and have the injector kext installed (but improperly).

In my repo, I decided to go back to the injector technique because I saw that .zml.zlib way couldn't survive OS X updates, and since the injector method is easier and requires less efforts, I decided to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back