Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, power LED is blinking, and after opening the lid power LED turns on.

Yes, power LED is blinking, and after opening the lid power LED turns on.

Test sleep with just Apple->Sleep and power button to wake.

So, under what specific conditions does sleep/wake not work?
When I shut the lid the laptop sleeps, and it does not wake up from sleep (in this case only) with opening the lid or pressing power button. It is not a big problem.

When I shut the lid the laptop sleeps, and it does not wake up from sleep (in this case only) with opening the lid or pressing power button. It is not a big problem.

Are you certain it doesn't wake from sleep? Did you check if it is just a backlight problem? Try external monitor or remote desktop connection after sleep/wake.

Hey, I think I have this laptop. Mine reads underneath "Lenovo Yoga 2 11"

Is this the same as you guys? It has a dual core i5 and in About This Mac says I have an Intel HD 4200.

I'm currently using a USB for WiFi, but I noticed talk about Broadcom kext. Can I completely drop the USB WiFi with this kext?

different laptop. you probably have an Intel wifi, which may be able to be replaced (not sure if there is a bios whitelist on your model)

Hello, thanks for the guide.
1) Anything not working as a daily driver? I am really selling my Air for this.

2) How well would Parallel work in this hackintosh?

Hi guys,

I realize this might not be the best place to ask but is any of you running windows? My Yoga just died yesterday after discarding some changes before exiting the bios and now it doesn't boot/the display won't turn on. After browsing Lenovo's forums I've learned that there might be some recovery functionality included in the bios and it might be possible to write a new bios from a memory stick.

Now, Lenovo ships only executables that check the type of laptop before unpacking the bios files and that means I can't do it on my desktop.

Can somebody download this bios http://support.lenovo.com/downloads/ds035004 , extract it (I believe it goes to C:/76CN43WW) and upload an archive?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back