Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I realize this might not be the best place to ask but is any of you running windows? My Yoga just died yesterday after discarding some changes before exiting the bios and now it doesn't boot/the display won't turn on. After browsing Lenovo's forums I've learned that there might be some recovery functionality included in the bios and it might be possible to write a new bios from a memory stick.

Now, Lenovo ships only executables that check the type of laptop before unpacking the bios files and that means I can't do it on my desktop.

Can somebody download this bios http://support.lenovo.com/downloads/ds035004 , extract it (I believe it goes to C:/76CN43WW) and upload an archive?

Thank you.
Here's a link for the zipped archive buddy,

You are awesome! I'll give it a try today. Thank you for taking the time and good luck if you're installing osx.
You are welcome , just doing my likkle part in fulfilling the goal of the internet - sharing information , knowledge and ideas. Hope you successfully bring your Yoga back from the morgue :)

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Unfortunately the whole recovery approach didn't work but luckily I was able to find a bios backup that I've made after purchasing a BCM94352Z. After getting the wi-fi card I was somewhat reluctant in fiddling with the bios but now it didn't matter, it wasn't like I was going to break it. A few cups of coffee later I had a raspberry pi wired to the bios and a working laptop.

yoga.jpg

Wiring guide for Raspberry : here (flashrom needs to be compiled)
Wiring guide for w25q64 (bios) here
Guide for bios patching: here

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got it sorted out . Looks a likkle complicated and thanks for the links.

Hello. I upgraded to 10.11.5 via the app store and graphics no longer work. I have tried reinstalling kexts, redoing all the DSDT/SSDT patches etc. Everything works except I cannot boot with injection. Any ideas?

Hello. I upgraded to 10.11.5 via the app store and graphics no longer work. I have tried reinstalling kexts, redoing all the DSDT/SSDT patches etc. Everything works except I cannot boot with injection. Any ideas?

Maybe you forgot to patch iokit? You need to redo it after upgrading to 10.11.5.

Code:
    sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit
    sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Unfortunately the whole recovery approach didn't work but luckily I was able to find a bios backup that I've made after purchasing a BCM94352Z. After getting the wi-fi card I was somewhat reluctant in fiddling with the bios but now it didn't matter, it wasn't like I was going to break it. A few cups of coffee later I had a raspberry pi wired to the bios and a working laptop.

View attachment 200580

Wiring guide for Raspberry : here (flashrom needs to be compiled)
Wiring guide for w25q64 (bios) here
Guide for bios patching: here
OMG, my yoga died a while ago after setting the voltage in the bios too low, same symptoms as yours.

Since I just received my company's MBP at the time I didn't put a lot of energy in trying to fix it, but this is gonna help lot! <3
I'll let you know if I can fix mine as well.

Is bios 38xx a must? I bought it second hand and it already have 40xx on it

depends - are you able to unlock the bios? if you can, you should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back