Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y580 - Sierra (10.12) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
But my computer for example won't open one off my most used applications (Isadora from troikatronix) at the moment that I takeout all of this kexts and stop the unsigned errors. Also was very instable crashing a lot of times, on screen, kernel and fan. The strange its that now are very strong and I almost don't have problems. All works almost perfect (keyboard, arrows to control brightness and volume, nightsfhit, battery at the fan control). The fan before keeps running more high than expected in a boot and on system. Also the computer was less hot now. Sincerely its difficult understand why I need putt again on S/L/E if the computer reacts much better without. I saw your explanation about that some kexts not working properly if not loaded on S/L/E .
When you told that is normal give unsigned kexts errors means that I can't fixed if use its loaded on system?

I try install again by this guide and has:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

But my computer for example won't open one off my most used applications (Isadora from troikatronix) at the moment that I takeout all of this kexts and stop the unsigned errors. Also was very instable crashing a lot of times, on screen, kernel and fan. The strange its that now are very strong and I almost don't have problems. All works almost perfect (keyboard, arrows to control brightness and volume, nightsfhit, battery at the fan control). The fan before keeps running more high than expected in a boot and on system. Also the computer was less hot now. Sincerely its difficult understand why I need putt again on S/L/E if the computer reacts much better without. I saw your explanation about that some kexts not working properly if not loaded on S/L/E .
When you told that is normal give unsigned kexts errors means that I can't fixed if use its loaded on system?

I try install again by this guide and has:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Thanks RehabMan to the patience. The second comment that i made (#95) attach this files that you requested and was the moment that I described above with crashes. For now, my computer its nice, has minimal crashes and SMC works great. I don't wanna change at moment because need work in it. Its stable and leave only the FakeSMC on S/L/E.

Thanks RehabMan to the patience. The second comment that i made (#95) attach this files that you requested and was the moment that I described above with crashes. For now, my computer its nice, has minimal crashes and SMC works great. I don't wanna change at moment because need work in it. Its stable and leave only the FakeSMC on S/L/E.

Kexts should be installed to /L/E, not /S/L/E.
Refer to the FAQ and guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Excuse my necroposting, but do you think there's any possibility I could apply the logic behind this guide to install Mojave? There are updated kexts around, and I'm aware that installing High Sierra and above have their issues as explored in other topics, but I'm kind of worried it might not work altogether.

Hello, sorry for digging up this old thread.
I'm currently trying to freshly install 10.12.6, but I can't seem to get it to boot. In verbose, it always stops at
"IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3".
I hope the attached files from the Error Reporting Guide can help!

Attachments

• debug_12673.zip
    2 MB · Views: 100
Hi,

have someone tryied to install high sierra on y580, based on this guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back