Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y580 - Sierra (10.12) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys, So I tried in a couple of days here made a Lenovo y580 hack. A few months ago I successfully instal El Captain and one day I try fix light keyboard and discovered that motherboard was broked on the keyboard connection... and I replace with one in eBay. Since this I install Sierra and have some success, some deception with my HD4000. I don't know specifically what problems its. I make de DSDT patch (HD4000 and brightness) and use the .config from the y580 installer. I read about patches and fixes but had some limitation in understand all the process...sorry.
The computer works but had some freezes and when I use more the CPUs or GPU its crash with a moving color lines. In my log has a lot of: memory high watermark and exceeding limit of 50% cpu... also I found in ioreg "acpi-device" = "IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable". I download the Sierra from Apple 3 times and make fresh installation more than 3 times.

I hope that someone can help-me please.

My files its in attachment.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 216
  • DSDT.aml
    42.2 KB · Views: 235
  • MacBook Pro de fr4b3lo.ioreg
    2.6 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Hello Guys, So I tried in a couple of days here made a Lenovo y580 hack. A few months ago I successfully instal El Captain and one day I try fix the keyboard and discovered that motherboard broke the keyboard connection, and replace it in a eBay. Since this I install Sierra and have some success some deception on my HD4000. I don't know specifically what problems its. I make de DSDT patch and use the config from the installer. I read about but has some limitation in understand all the process...sorry.
The computer works but when I use more CPUs or GPU its crash with a color lines. In my log has a lot of: memory high watermark and exceeding limit of 50% cpu. Also I found "acpi-device" = "IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable". I don't know what happen in Finder that I can't change the viewer preferences to see in different organization (date, size, etc). I download the Sierra from Apple 3 times and make fresh installation more than 3 times.

I hope that someone can help-me please.

My files its in attachment.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

OK. here the files. Sorry but read a lot of things and become bit confused.
I forgot said that you (and the hackintosh movement) are very important in thi$ world.

Edited. Now i discover other detail, for some reason when i watching a youtue video on the moment of videoglitch, the system dont crash anymore, keeps running with glitch. I hear the video sound, also tested de hdmi output and works without glitches. The problem now i think was only in my laptop screen (sorry for my enslish).

Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_24055.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Hello HehabMan, sorry ask you quickly, but i need work with this machine and cant buy a new or use windows/linux (my files its in Mac world). I made things wrong, correct?

OK. here the files. Sorry but read a lot of things and become bit confused.
I forgot said that you (and the hackintosh movement) are very important in thi$ world.

Edited. Now i discover other detail, for some reason when i watching a youtue video on the moment of videoglitch, the system dont crash anymore, keeps running with glitch. I hear the video sound, also tested de hdmi output and works without glitches. The problem now i think was only in my laptop screen (sorry for my enslish).

Thanks!

See guide for config.plist recommendations and drivers64UEFI:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hello Rehabman i read and Install all again... and continuing a bit confuse, sorry. Read about how put the kexts in S/L/E or L/E but my computer only works better (¨blind¨ like u said) when i take out all of non based original Mac kexts and put them in Clover/kexts/10.2/ and force injection. The kernel signature errors disappear and some softwares can use it. Also can work many hours but keep crashing when i use more the cpu and gpu process (for me its a GPU problem). I don't know if better follow this guide or the guide above, or with part I can follow in both. If I need replaced the kexts the coming in this 1.6.4 Installer to new ones...
I understand your position in a million of stupid questions butt my case its that I need and want understand better the process.

Hello Rehabman i read and Install all again... and continuing a bit confuse, sorry. Read about how put the kexts in S/L/E or L/E but my computer only works better (¨blind¨ like u said) when i take out all of non based original Mac kexts and put them in Clover/kexts/10.2/ and force injection. The kernel signature errors disappear and some softwares can use it. Also can work many hours but keep crashing when i use more the cpu and gpu process (for me its a GPU problem). I don't know if better follow this guide or the guide above, or with part I can follow in both. If I need replaced the kexts the coming in this 1.6.4 Installer to new ones...
I understand your position in a million of stupid questions butt my case its that I need and want understand better the process.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:

So, I read this man and in the second post that send you the files, I followed this guide. But my non based system kexts (all) gave untrusted or not signed errors. I try take all from clover/10.2/, install on system, change permissions (chmod, chown -R) try disable SIP on the config.plist (its disabled on system now) and also marked SIP options in a clover boot menu. Any of this options works for me because when I run :
touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
gives-me the same kext unsigned errors. This was so boring that I install the fresh system (download by Apple Store more than 3 times). Try re-install system with the non apple kexts already inside S/L/E to see if recognize but nothing. Sorry but I don't can see where its the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back