Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

I have used Edimax EW-7811Un.

There may be more in the Buyer's Guide.
Alright, I'm buying this one. If things go nice with it, I'll stick to it, otherwise I'll get the Broadcom (somehow).

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. :D

@ Rehabman, I am planning to buy the Y50's older brother, the Y70, and was curious since they both share identical specs if it were possible that this guide would suffice for the OSX operation.

What are your thoughts? And please don't give me the generic laptop compatibility thread link; I am fully aware of it.

@ Rehabman, I am planning to buy the Y50's older brother, the Y70, and was curious since they both share identical specs if it were possible that this guide would suffice for the OSX operation.

What are your thoughts? And please don't give me the generic laptop compatibility thread link; I am fully aware of it.

No idea without details:
- ACPI dump (DSDT+SSDTs)
- audio codec dump (from Linux)
- 'lspci -nn' from Linux.
- general specs on chipset, CPU, graphics device, screen resolution, etc.

RehabMan, will this WiFi card Dell DW1560 work on Lenovo Y50?

Hello

I'm following your guide to installing this on my UHD model.
So far it's all going good but when I try to install the kexts for almost everything (like the audio and Intel HD) I'm getting an invalid signature error on most of the kexts when they are being installed and therefore they aren't working
Do you know why I'm getting this error?

I'm installing mac to and hdd via usb and running Mac 10.10.5

Otherwise thanks so much for this very good guide.

Hello

I'm following your guide to installing this on my UHD model.
So far it's all going good but when I try to install the kexts for almost everything (like the audio and Intel HD) I'm getting an invalid signature error on most of the kexts when they are being installed and therefore they aren't working
Do you know why I'm getting this error?

Normal/not an error.

Normal/not an error.

Then how do you install those kexts?

I continued with your guide and when I rebooted with the config.plist for the uhd I just got a black screen.

Then how do you install those kexts?

You use install_downloads.sh. The messages regarding invalid signature are expected and are not errors.

I continued with your guide and when I rebooted with the config.plist for the uhd I just got a black screen.

Did you set DVMT-prealloc in BIOS to 128mb?

Did you patch ACPI per guide?

Post EFI/Clover folder from HDD.

When I checked the video memory in windows it allready said it was 128mb so I figured it was fine.
Maybe windows lied to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back