Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Thank you so much, this is amazing work.

On my box (with modded BIOS) everything is working swimmingly (including Win 8.1/OsX 10.10.4 dual boot, USB, Full Resolution with Hardware Acceleration, WiFI [with the recommended Broadcom card swapped in], Messages, App Store, iCloud, etc...) with the following exceptions:

1. Lenovo EasyCam Camera is not recognized
2. Audio Volume is on the low side
3. Edit: Bluetooth seems to be an issue too, but again, not cleanly installed.

That said, what I thought was a clean install was actually an install over my old attempts, so I am hesitant to do an actual problem report until I actually do a clean install (and I am too lazy to do that anytime soon).

One thing of note, HMDI output resolution actually supports the native resolution of my external monitor. This is something Windows 8.1 won't actually do, it has a resolution limit that is far below what my monitor supports natively. So THIS IS AWESOME!

Thanks again for all the hard work and this easy-to-follow guide and scripts!

bluetooth wont work until you replace the wifi card (both wifi and bluetooth are the same physical component)

Thank you so much, this is amazing work.

On my box (with modded BIOS) everything is working swimmingly (including Win 8.1/OsX 10.10.4 dual boot, USB, Full Resolution with Hardware Acceleration, WiFI [with the recommended Broadcom card swapped in], Messages, App Store, iCloud, etc...) with the following exceptions:

1. Lenovo EasyCam Camera is not recognized
2. Audio Volume is on the low side
3. Edit: Bluetooth seems to be an issue too, but again, not cleanly installed.

That said, what I thought was a clean install was actually an install over my old attempts, so I am hesitant to do an actual problem report until I actually do a clean install (and I am too lazy to do that anytime soon).

One thing of note, HMDI output resolution actually supports the native resolution of my external monitor. This is something Windows 8.1 won't actually do, it has a resolution limit that is far below what my monitor supports natively. So THIS IS AWESOME!

Thanks again for all the hard work and this easy-to-follow guide and scripts!

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

As I said in my post, had a dirty install, nothing worth reporting as it was a super edge case.

Now, after a clean install I DO have something to report. The update to BrcmPatchRAM.kext in the latest round of updates causes a kernel panic on Y50s and makes the machine lock and reboot during the ./install_downloads.sh phase and prevents booting after that.

The older version did not have this issue, and the way I got around this was to download the previous version and manually install it (after booting in and deleting the offending version via terminal from the recovery partition)

Other than that things seem to be working across the board now.

Thanks again.

Now, after a clean install I DO have something to report. The update to BrcmPatchRAM.kext in the latest round of updates causes a kernel panic on Y50s and makes the machine lock and reboot during the ./install_downloads.sh phase and prevents booting after that.

Post panic report.

Also, post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Check BIOS settings for USB. If you have an option for "auto" make sure it is enabled.

Or remove /System/Library/Extensions/FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

The XHCIMux is a bit of an experiment. I'd be interested to know if it is the cause.

Also, check system.log for USB related errors.

Maybe also config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership=true could help?

Note: The guide calls for MacBookPro11,1, not MacBookPro11,2.
Thanks, config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership=true fixed my problem.

Thanks, config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership=true fixed my problem.

I've added FixOwnership=true to the config.plist files in the repo.

And re-enabled FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext in install_downloads.sh.

I'd like to verify that everything looks correct. Please post files from post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Also, please fill out your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hello,
I am having problems with bluetooth on my Y50. My bluetooth chipset is AR3012. As I understand it is supported in OS X. I got the bluetooth icon on the status bar, but I can't find any device with it. Also I can't find my laptop with any of my devices.
I just want to know what I beed to do to get my bluetooth to work.
Thanks for your help.

Hello,
I am having problems with bluetooth on my Y50. My bluetooth chipset is AR3012. As I understand it is supported in OS X. I got the bluetooth icon on the status bar, but I can't find any device with it. Also I can't find my laptop with any of my devices.
I just want to know what I beed to do to get my bluetooth to work.
Thanks for your help.

AR3012 is not supported by this guide.

You need to install the supported WiFi card as mentioned in post #1 (BCM94252Z).

I've added FixOwnership=true to the config.plist files in the repo.

And re-enabled FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext in install_downloads.sh.

I'd like to verify that everything looks correct. Please post files from post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Also, please fill out your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.
View attachment y50-70.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back