Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

#delete post please

Hi!

Im new here ;) I have Lenovo Y50-70 with i7. I want to install mac os. Tell me i must install bios 1.14 or i can get my old 1.09? Or i must install the new one 2.02.

Second question. I see that i can use Mac os in wersion 10.10.2 but the user "
shadowk155"
Have on his description that use 10.10.4. I can upgrade my os to 10.10.4 or only to 10.10.2?

Thx

Hi!

Im new here ;) I have Lenovo Y50-70 with i7. I want to install mac os. Tell me i must install bios 1.14 or i can get my old 1.09? Or i must install the new one 2.02.

Read post #1.

Second question. I see that i can use Mac os in wersion 10.10.2 but the user "
shadowk155"
Have on his description that use 10.10.4. I can upgrade my os to 10.10.4 or only to 10.10.2?

Thx

This guide will work for 10.10.0 and greater.

If you download Yosemite from the Mac App Store today, you get 10.10.4.

Hi!

Im new here ;)

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

guide working perfectly for 10.11 beta 2
Thank you very much for the support

Hey

First off thank you again this guide is amazing everything works perfectly except the following:

1. when i plug in the HDMi cable system crashes and restarts (but not when boot up the recovery partition... and not when i boot into safe mode) . this is very important to me as my main display connects through HDMI, and i don't really need HDMI audio just the display.

2. when i boot into the recovery partition w without the HDMI Display the screen is distorted and i can only see the mouse pointer.

thank you in advance :)

Attachments

• Mani’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.5 MB · Views: 77
  • RehabMan.zip
    28.8 KB · Views: 74
  • EFI.zip
    21.9 MB · Views: 93

Hey

First off thank you again this guide is amazing everything works perfectly except the following:

1. when i plug in the HDMi cable system crashes and restarts (but not when boot up the recovery partition... and not when i boot into safe mode) . this is very important to me as my main display connects through HDMI, and i don't really need HDMI audio just the display.

2. when i boot into the recovery partition w without the HDMI Display the screen is distorted and i can only see the mouse pointer.

thank you in advance :)

You can try adding (and enabling) the 0204 (12) patch from the base config.plist (from installation USB config.plist).

--

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

You can try adding (and enabling) the 0204 (12) patch from the base config.plist (from installation USB config.plist).

--

didn't work... i also disabled every patch regarding HDMI and AppleHDA and the problems still there.
could it be because of the igp-platform id?
because when i plug in the cable the screen gets distorted, mouse freezes and then computer
restarts..

didn't work... i also disabled every patch regarding HDMI and AppleHDA and the problems still there.
because when i plug in the cable the screen gets distorted, mouse freezes and then computer
restarts..

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Here you go

restarts..

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.1 MB · Views: 182
  • Mani’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.5 MB · Views: 120
  • RehabMan.zip
    28.8 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back