[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my ignorance,
Edimax AC1200 ( EW-7822UAC ) / edimax EW-7711MAC
usb wifi drivers yosemite 10.10

thanks in advance!
best regards

So what is your question? Does it work? Or do you have it and it's not working?

i managed to install el capitan as clean install and worked perfect and bluetooth was working perfect and device was being usb 3 in system report
but after installing the patches and patching dsdt and ssdt as described then after restart it now reads only one usb 3 and 2 ( usb 2 ) and bluetooth doesn't work

also i can't use my mobile usb tether at all after el capitan install

it was working perfect on yosemite 10.10.5

hope that there is a fix

i managed to install el capitan as clean install and worked perfect and bluetooth was working perfect and device was being usb 3 in system report
but after installing the patches and patching dsdt and ssdt as described then after restart it now reads only one usb 3 and 2 ( usb 2 ) and bluetooth doesn't work.

also i can't use my mobile usb tether at all after el capitan install

it was working perfect on yosemite 10.10.5

hope that there is a fix

Your 2 USB 3 ports shows up as one USB 3.0 Bus, one USB 2.0 bus is the USB 2.0 port, the other one connects the internal stuff including bluetooth. I have verified it on my own device, and both USB3.0 ports are being detected as such. Your bluetooth should work with the right kexts, shouldn't be related to the USB injection

The mobile usb tether thing is an issue I've been describing to Rehabman about. Something in USBXHCI_y50.kext prevents it from working. Could be that I didn't have a working bluetooth chipset, so I missed a port when I reported them to Rehabman, but my intel chipset for bluetooth is detected under HS07 which is in the injector. To fix, just remove USBXHCI_y50.kext from clover kext folder and /System/Library/Extensions/. FakePCIID_USBMux is enough to optimize USB and your mobile tether

^ I have already uploaded 6 different ioregs for Rehabman to analyze. Waiting on his input on what may be the problem

Your 2 USB 3 ports shows up as one USB 3.0 Bus, one USB 2.0 bus is the USB 2.0 port, the other one connects the internal stuff including bluetooth. I have verified it on my own device, and both USB3.0 ports are being detected as such. Your bluetooth should work with the right kexts, shouldn't be related to the USB injection

The mobile usb tether thing is an issue I've been describing to Rehabman about. Something in USBXHCI_y50.kext prevents it from working. Could be that I didn't have a working bluetooth chipset, so I missed a port when I reported them to Rehabman, but my intel chipset for bluetooth is detected under HS07 which is in the injector. To fix, just remove USBXHCI_y50.kext from clover kext folder and /System/Library/Extensions/. FakePCIID_USBMux is enough to optimize USB and your mobile tether

^ I have already uploaded 6 different ioregs for Rehabman to analyze. Waiting on his input on what may be the problem

but from your posts u already manged to get usb tethering to work
so how ?

just put the FakePCIID-XHCIMux.kext in kext - other folder in efi and delete both generic and USBXHCI-y50.kext

or what ?

also my bluetooth was working perfec already after installation then stopped after installing the patches
so there is patch that killed it

not work, the computer automatically turns off when charging system...
thanks

but from your posts u already manged to get usb tethering to work
so how ?

just put the FakePCIID-XHCIMux.kext in kext - other folder in efi and delete both generic and USBXHCI-y50.kext

or what ?

also my bluetooth was working perfec already after installation then stopped after installing the patches
so there is patch that killed it

Just follow the install instructions. Then go into your Clover/kext/Others folder and delete USBXHCI-y50.kext
Also delete it from System/Library/Extensions. Then use kext utility or alternative to rebuild your system cache

the question is: works fine?
Thanks in advance
Best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back