Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50/Y70 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why 6 different ioreg.

There are only two configurations...

with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and without.

I did with, without, and without USBXHCI_y50 injector
2 files, 3 combinations = either or, and both together
Then with HS01/02 ports, or HS09 port (the one that doesn't work with injector)

Thanks for the patience

I can not test internet by ethernet to continue....
when I connect an external monitor freezes,
you think this can work: -- wifi usb: Edimax AC1200 ( EW-7822UAC ) / edimax EW-7711MAC

I attached the new version of clover.

thanks a lot!!
Best Regards
Leo

Remove all the s*** you have in your kext folder!
Does that wifi USB have Mac functionality?
I use an older one, ASUS N13, and it works great for the meantim

@rehabman

i think you remember my old problem where my screen was becoming laggy after sleep
any way i got anoher replacement for my laptop and now again the new y5070 working perfect with yosemite and n more sleep problems :D

now i want to update to el capitan and already downloaded it from the app store and made usb for it
but it always stuck at apple logo , can't even go beyond that

is there anything special in th latest official release of el capitan that prevent device from bootng ?
i was able to boot some earlier beta releases

so hope if there is any thing i should do to be able to boot it

m device is fhd model with 4720 and gtx 960 and have fully worn yosemite 10.10.5

thanks in advance

@rehabman

i think you remember my old problem where my screen was becoming laggy after sleep
any way i got anoher replacement for my laptop and now again the new y5070 working perfect with yosemite and n more sleep problems :D

now i want to update to el capitan and already downloaded it from the app store and made usb for it
but it always stuck at apple logo , can't even go beyond that

is there anything special in th latest official release of el capitan that prevent device from bootng ?
i was able to boot some earlier beta releases

so hope if there is any thing i should do to be able to boot it

m device is fhd model with 4720 and gtx 960 and have fully worn yosemite 10.10.5

thanks in advance

You can do a direct update to El Capitan if you want, as long as you make sure you update Clover
I'm currently on El Capitan 10.11.1 beta 3 with the guide.

You can do a direct update to El Capitan if you want, as long as you make sure you update Clover
I'm currently on El Capitan 10.11.1 beta 3 with the guide.

It was the same problem for update

Anyway I fixed it and the problem was osxaptio .. I replaced it with the latest one although both have the same size and now can do both update or clean install

It was the same problem for update

Anyway I fixed it and the problem was osxaptio .. I replaced it with the latest one although both have the same size and now can do both update or clean install

Use AptioFix not AptioFix2
Though if you have a huge USB (32+gb) sometimes you have to use AptioFix2 to boot it if verbose mode shows it throwing a memory error. HDD partition always uses AptioFix

I did a fresh install and try to collect ACPI files with patchmatic, but unfortunately that one dsdt file (which extracted in unpacked folder) get error. I booted from USB, so I don't understand. I have stayed at 'via Linux method' and this way was everything okay without getting errors.

You must use a USB prepared according to the guide to extract properly.

And you must clean out old files (incorrect extraction) with 'make cleanallex'.

I did with, without, and without USBXHCI_y50 injector
2 files, 3 combinations = either or, and both together
Then with HS01/02 ports, or HS09 port (the one that doesn't work with injector)

I'll need a clear description of each scenario, what was tested and what exactly you mean.

Sorry, I don't have the time to guess about things.

I'll need a clear description of each scenario, what was tested and what exactly you mean.

Sorry, I don't have the time to guess about things.

Network USB drive was a Blackberry phone
HS01/02 are USB 3 ports on the laptop, HS09 is the USB 2 port
I included either HS01 or HS09 in the file name depending on which port I plugged the phone into
I used ioreg and ifconfig -a to detect whether the network drive was mounted
When the file name starts with Both, it means both FakePCIID-XHCIMux and USBXHCI_y50 kexts were installed
When the file name starts with USBXHCI-only, it means only USBXHCI-y50.kext was installed, FakePCIID-XHCIMux was removed
When the file name starts with FakePCIID-only, it means only FakePCIID-XHCIMux.kext was in place, USBXHCI-y50.kext was removed
When I say not present or removed, I mean in both Clover EFI kext folder and also /System/Library/Extensions/

So from my test results, you'll see no matter which port I plug into when both are present, the network drive is not mounted
If only USBXHCI-y50.kext was installed, then HS01/02 aka the USB 3 ports work, while USB 2 (HS09) does not mount network drive
If only FakePCIID-XHCIMux.kext was in place, then all 3 ports HS01/02/09 all mount the network drive, which is the current configuration I'm using

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back