Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try changing your settings with RDM (using external monitor to change internal panel settings)?
Yes I tried a few times using different monitors (4k and 1080p panels) and that didn’t fix it. Could it be something in the uhd config causing this?

Yes I tried a few times using different monitors (4k and 1080p panels) and that didn’t fix it. Could it be something in the uhd config causing this?

No further ideas.
Perhaps something is different with the internal display you have as compared to what others have.
Or you're using different BIOS/different BIOS settings.

No further ideas.
Perhaps something is different with the internal display you have as compared to what others have.
Or you're using different BIOS/different BIOS settings.
Hmm. The bios I am using is the 1.14 edited bios by a user at bios mods. Should I try stock bios and use the dvmt kext option?

Hmm. The bios I am using is the 1.14 edited bios by a user at bios mods. Should I try stock bios and use the dvmt kext option?

I think your earlier screen shots showed BIOS 3.x...
No kext for DVMT.
You must set DVMT as per this guide. It can be done with the special UEFI shell and setup_var (as per post #1).

I think your earlier screen shots showed BIOS 3.x...
No kext for DVMT.
You must set DVMT as per this guide. It can be done with the special UEFI shell and setup_var (as per post #1).
that image shows it is rev 3.7 of bios version 1.14 insydeH2O. Is that not correct?

Hi everyone,
i follow this guide but later of the installation i can't continue from:

To finish the setup, we need a correctly patched DSDT/SSDT.

With the current project, no patched DSDT/SSDTs are used. Instead, Clover hot patches and a small SSDT called SSDT-HACK are used instead.

Please help!!!

that image shows it is rev 3.7 of bios version 1.14 insydeH2O. Is that not correct?

I only see 3.7 there.
You will need to consult with someone that actually has the laptop so you can compare notes.

I only see 3.7 there.
You will need to consult with someone that actually has the laptop so you can compare notes.
Does anyone reading this thread have this rev of insydeH2O bios? It is rev 3.7. Is there a certain bios I should use in place of this?

Which config.plist are you using for your usb?
Does that config.plist work with the display?
Boot verbose!
Does the display only not work with the config.plist after install? Did you use config.plist or config_UHD.plist (which you have to rename to config.plist)
Sorry for bothering you sir. What bios are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back