Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed Karabiner later. SSD firmware is up-date.

Please do a fresh install without installing anything extra.

No other ideas for you.

I'll install the kext and eventually report.
Forgot to report, everything is working, the guide is great. I wanted to thank you for everything RehabMan.
Looks like the elan kext has been improved a lot over the years, even if now has been temporary abandoned it seems (this guide can be updated where it says "You will lose some of the keyboard functionality (eg. function keys) present in the Synaptics setup" this is no longer true)
I also tried making the card reader work with Sinetek's experimental rtsx kext, this card reader is in the supported devices list but it doesn't work for some reason, it seems that we will have to wait, if ever.

Hey guys, does anybody know if an Bcm94360cs wi-fi/bt card from an old MacBook pro would be compatible with Lenovo y50-70?

You would need an adapter and space within the laptop to fit it.

I can confirm there's no space for an adapter inside the laptop, you need a M2 A+E card.

Please do a fresh install without installing anything extra.

No other ideas for you.

if I install High Sierra with usb I can not decide which format to install ie either HFS or APFS.
Do I install macOS High Sierra with APFS?

Hey, i just installed macOS 10.12.6, bootet successfully, then made all patches and then rebooted. since the reboot i cant get it booting any more. so i wanted to ask what i can do.

there is a spinnig circle between the apple logo and the progressbar, what gets filled over time.

Hey, i just installed macOS 10.12.6, bootet successfully, then made all patches and then rebooted. since the reboot i cant get it booting any more. so i wanted to ask what i can do.

there is a spinnig circle between the apple logo and the progressbar, what gets filled over time.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Keep in mind UHD requires patching for the pixel clock limit (if it still works, can use the-darkvoid script or use CoreDisplayFixup.kext).
If the problem is a graphics issue, booting with invalid ig-platform-id may help (0x12345678).

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Keep in mind UHD requires patching for the pixel clock limit (if it still works, can use the-darkvoid script or use CoreDisplayFixup.kext).
If the problem is a graphics issue, booting with invalid ig-platform-id may help (0x12345678).
thank you for the answer, but it is not booting up anymore. so i cant patch something or run any scripts.

update: found out that this only comes up after patching pixel pixel clock limit

Last edited:
thank you for the answer, but it is not booting up anymore. so i cant patch something or run any scripts.

As I mentioned, you may be able to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id.
An external monitor may also work where the internal will not.

At a minimum, EFI/Clover and verbose boot image are required.
Read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

No help can be provided without the requested data.

Hello! Is there any possible improvements for microphone? I've installed all kexts, etc., audio is working good, but microphone has some noises and cracklings and the sound itself is like bass-less in most programs like Skype etc. In some programs which apply some noise-cancellation features like Discord or some recording apps from App Store, recording quality is crystal-clear. So, I wonder, maybe there is some patches or additional software to apply noise-cancellation system-wide?
Thanks in advance!

P.S. Current OS is macOS 10.13.3 but it's the same for all versions. On Windows everything is working perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back