Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
to understand if there is any corrupt plist.

Do a "refresh install" (install without erasing). Maybe it will correct something.
Otherwise, fresh install (install with erasing).

I'll try making again the usb installer and report.
Hi RehabMan, Preparing the install media again worked, installed everything correctly and almost everything is working, the only things that aren't working are built-in trackpad (because it's elan, I've not installed the proper kext yet) and brightness controls (volume works just fine) do you think this might be related to the trackpad being elan? I've attached all required files.
Thank you.
P.S.
I don't have an usb3 drive to test if ports are actually working at usb3 speed, is there another way to test it?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • IOReg.zip
    590.2 KB · Views: 59
  • kextstat.txt
    943 bytes · Views: 149
  • RehabMan.zip
    33 KB · Views: 55
  • sudo touch.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 118
Hi RehabMan, Preparing the install media again worked, installed everything correctly and almost everything is working, the only things that aren't working are built-in trackpad (because it's elan, I've not installed the proper kext yet) and brightness controls (volume works just fine) do you think this might be related to the trackpad being elan? I've attached all required files.

Both problems because you don't have the right PS2 kext for ELAN installed.

I don't have an usb3 drive to test if ports are actually working at usb3 speed, is there another way to test it?

No other way to test it, but your USB is configured correctly (the required configuration for USBInjectAll.kext is in SSDT-HACK.aml)

I can not restart or turn off the mac anymore. I thought something was corrupted and I reinstalled everything but nothing.
this is the screen every time you restart.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
  • debug_26259.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 62
I can not restart or turn off the mac anymore. I thought something was corrupted and I reinstalled everything but nothing.
this is the screen every time you restart.

You did not boot verbose...
The files in debug_26259.zip imply you can boot.
Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully, and explain the issue in detail.

Hi rehabman. then I have probably understood the problem of energy saving that when starting the mac goes to the default settings. if I boot mac without cache then the setting works, instead if I start normally mac the settings are reset. in your opinion why?

update: everything is in verbose mode.

Attachments

• debug_22033.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Hi rehabman. then I have probably understood the problem of energy saving that when starting the mac goes to the default settings. if I boot mac without cache then the setting works, instead if I start normally mac the settings are reset. in your opinion why?

update: everything is in verbose mode.

Do a fresh install.

I've already done a clean installation. it's weird that only with verbose mode everything works.

Clearly not a fresh install.
You should not have nvram.plist on the EFI. In a fresh install, according to the guide, nvram.plist would never have been created.
Also, in a fresh install, Karabiner would not be installed.
And WiFi should be at en1, not en2 (you can reset network interfaces).
You might also experiment with abm_firstpolldelay as per this post:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

And you didn't follow the guide. Your config.plist has settings that are not called for by the guide. Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Make sure you rebuild cache properly:
- boot without caches
- rebuild cache
- reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back