Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing any hardware driver (eg rt3070 kext), the keyboard brightness keys do not work. I installed a clean setup. I have working all the hardware with the your y50 files installed. if I make install new hardware and make rebuild cache.. The original brightness keys not working.The fn + insert key increases the brightness.
i go sysprefs keyboard / screen / brightness shortcut.i try to press fn + brightness up, not set value.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

If this is an update scenario, maybe you forgot to update kexts prior to the update and now you have an old Lilu.kext?

That was the problem! Thought it was only a small bug fix or so from Apple & didn´t update the kexts. Problem solved, OSX up & running :)

thx,
Joe

I´m just trying to install 10.13.2 onto my old Y50 70 because my HD crashed. Strange thing is the old setup (already running 13.2) doesn´t work anymore so i came here to read the guide again.

Whatever i do i end up with the same behaviour when I boot into the install stick. Boot stops for a few minutes, then the apple shows up and nothing happens anymore.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20180122_212736.jpg
    IMG_20180122_212736.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 88
I´m just trying to install 10.13.2 onto my old Y50 70 because my HD crashed. Strange thing is the old setup (already running 13.2) doesn´t work anymore so i came here to read the guide again.

Whatever i do i end up with the same behaviour when I boot into the install stick. Boot stops for a few minutes, then the apple shows up and nothing happens anymore.

Your EFI/Clover is not correct.
For example, why are you using HPFanReset.efi with your Lenovo?
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

That´s a good question... I don´t know, i used my old Clover folder and stripped it down more and more, haven´t got into that UEFI driver folder yet. Sadly the problem is always the same whatever I do. Even with the most stripped down setup i ever used the result is the same...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 72
That´s a good question... I don´t know, i used my old Clover folder and stripped it down more and more, haven´t got into that UEFI driver folder yet. Sadly the problem is always the same whatever I do. Even with the most stripped down setup i ever used the result is the same...

No verbose boot photo attached.
Also, you forgot to press F2 and F4.
Please read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" carefully.

Make sure you're using a USB2 stick.

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Also, please fix your profile such that all 7 details requested in the FAQ are available (as a result of an incomplete profile, I have no idea which Y50 you have... UHD or FHD).
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And since HPFanReset.efi can put the EC into a bad state when used with computers it was not designed for, make sure you do EC reset.

F2 & F4 + verbose photo attached.

I´ve sadly no USB2 stick available, but as far as i remember, that was never a problem on this laptop.

I downloaded macOS via Terminal and created the stick according to the large iMac Pro thread here in the Forum. It was created it on my X299 build.
To exclude the possibility that this is the root of the mess I also have an old 12.6 stick available, created on my X99 build and regularly downloaded via the App Store.
With both sticks the result of the boot is the same, I end up with the same behaviour shown on the verbose screenshot. After those messages the installer shows the Apple sign and stops.

I made an EC reset according to a guide on the forum here. Disconnected all Power Cables, removed the battery cable, pushed the power button for more then 30 sec..
It didn´t help...

I don´t get it, when I installed OSX on the Lenovo it was one of the easiest Laptop installation i´ve ever done :s...

Addition:
I just installed 13.2 to my new SSD via my desktop hackintosh. With the attached Clover folder the behaviour of my laptop is almost the same. kextd stall[0], (60s): 'AppleACPICPU' (2nd Screenshot)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20180122_212736.jpg
    IMG_20180122_212736.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20180123_135957.jpg
    IMG_20180123_135957.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
F2 & F4 + verbose photo attached.

I´ve sadly no USB2 stick available, but as far as i remember, that was never a problem on this laptop.

I downloaded macOS via Terminal and created the stick according to the large iMac Pro thread here in the Forum. It was created it on my X299 build.
To exclude the possibility that this is the root of the mess I also have an old 12.6 stick available, created on my X99 build and regularly downloaded via the App Store.
With both sticks the result of the boot is the same, I end up with the same behaviour shown on the verbose screenshot. After those messages the installer shows the Apple sign and stops.

I made an EC reset according to a guide on the forum here. Disconnected all Power Cables, removed the battery cable, pushed the power button for more then 30 sec..
It didn´t help...

I don´t get it, when I installed OSX on the Lenovo it was one of the easiest Laptop installation i´ve ever done :s...

Addition:
I just installed 13.2 to my new SSD via my desktop hackintosh. With the attached Clover folder the behaviour of my laptop is almost the same. kextd stall[0], (60s): 'AppleACPICPU' (2nd Screenshot)

Your profile still does not indicate screen resolution.
Please fix.

As per guide, use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
You may need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi as well.

Use a USB2 stick. USB3 not expected to work with your hardware, especially during installation, and especially with USBInjectAll.kext.

You forgot to press F2 and F4 (no misc/preboot.log, and no files in ACPI/origin).

As per guide, use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
You may need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi as well.

That´s it! Thank you sooooo much!!!

I´ve got the FHD Version of the Laptop, I wrote it to my signature, it´s gone so i guess it was removed because it doesn´t fit the rules :s...

Last edited:
That´s it! Thank you sooooo much!!!

Which fix solved the problem? (EmuVariableUefi or OsxAptioFix?)

I´ve got the FHD Version of the Laptop, I wrote it to my signature, it´s gone so i guess it was removed because it doesn´t fit the rules :s...

Which is why the FAQ recommends putting it into the three profile fields (Mobo/CPU/Graphics), not the signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back