Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehab, thank for your guide and effort, only one question, I've literally follow the guide, both, for create media and this, it's not my first hackintosh, I have only a issue, when I reboot I have clover that don't show me the HS installation (naturally afps.efi is on driver64 folder on efi, and clover is installed on the target disk with uefi only option)... If I start Clover from usb stick I'm able to see Os system without problems... any idea on the fly? (i'm not from the hackintosh now, I can not post you the log)

Hi Rehab, thank for your guide and effort, only one question, I've literally follow the guide, both, for create media and this, it's not my first hackintosh, I have only a issue, when I reboot I have clover that don't show me the HS installation (naturally afps.efi is on driver64 folder on efi, and clover is installed on the target disk with uefi only option)... If I start Clover from usb stick I'm able to see Os system without problems... any idea on the fly? (i'm not from the hackintosh now, I can not post you the log)

You probably did not setup Clover on HDD/SSD exactly as USB. You probably forgot apfs.efi or HFSPlus.efi or both. Or you are using the wrong version of Clover.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hey RehabMan,

Is there another way we can contact you (Discord, etc) or only through forum posts? I have some questions for my y50 too (and some other general hackintosh questions). Thanks in advance and sorry for posting here an irrelevant message. I cannot figure out any other way to message you directly.

Hey RehabMan,

Is there another way we can contact you (Discord, etc) or only through forum posts? I have some questions for my y50 too (and some other general hackintosh questions). Thanks in advance and sorry for posting here an irrelevant message. I cannot figure out any other way to message you directly.

Y50 related questions should be asked here.
Questions not related to the Y50 should be posted to the appropriate forum.

Everything works great on my y50-70 i5 variant. I have one question: should the BCM94352Z be from Lenovo or I can use one form different laptop manufacturers? Also are there any other option for the wifi?

Thanks for the tutorial rehabman! Everything works flawlessly.

Everything works great on my y50-70 i5 variant. I have one question: should the BCM94352Z be from Lenovo or I can use one form different laptop manufacturers? Also are there any other option for the wifi?

Thanks for the tutorial rehabman! Everything works flawlessly.

Post #1 recommends the Lenovo BCM94352Z part.

Hey rehabman, can you disable turbo boost in ssd-hack ?

nvm I disabled it with a modded bios.

Last edited:
Hello. I make this DSDT,SSDT patch and use all kext. Working: Wifi , Lan , HDMI , IGPU , Disabled EGPU, Audio and others.
I have some problem.
1 Elean Trackpad is not working correctly. Not visible SysPref/Trackpad.
2 Broadcom BCMZ Wifi is not working. If i reinstall kexts bluetooth and wifi working great but not visible Airport.
3 If i install new kext lose my FN keys.
Please help me thanks.
My System Prefences: Lenovo Y50-70 | CPU: i7 4710HQ(Haswell) | IGPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 | EGPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M (4GB) | Audio: Realtek ALC283 | Touchpad : Elean | Lan: Realtek RTL8111 | Wifi : Broadcom BCM94352Z

Hi,

I built my Lenovo Y50-Hackintosh about a year ago. Until now no problems with updates. Now I tried to update from 10.12.2>10.12.3. During the update-process the laptop restarted, and now following ist happening (Screenshots). Any idea what happend, why the update failed and an idea what I can try to get OSX working again?

Thx,
Joe

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 120
  • 20180120_121340.jpg
    20180120_121340.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 115