[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot without cache on Clover (-f) rebuild cache
Code:
 sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
and reboot.

Everything works perfectly.
Did that a couple of times. Copy paste came back this way, but no chance with graphics glitches in said browsers and some other applications. On Sierra it worked perfectly.

Did that a couple of times. Copy paste came back this way, but no chance with graphics glitches in said browsers and some other applications. On Sierra it worked perfectly.

I also have the UHD model, DVMT-Prealloc 128MB
It is important that your SMBIOS is correct in all its aspects, including a real serial.

I also have the UHD model, DVMT-Prealloc 128MB
It is important that your SMBIOS is correct in all its aspects, including a real serial.
Yes, DVMT Preallocwas set to 128 MB using UEFI-Shell. I also created a real serial for the config plist and copied it over wit a Text editor (not using clover configurator)

Hi Rehabman, thank you for the information and for taking the time to look through the files I submitted. I'll do as you instructed and provide another full set of "Problem Reporting" files later today (should the HD4600 still not work as expected). I found that when I built the GPT style of USB key, clover would not boot, but when I built an MBR style of USB key for booting, this works every time.

The issue is still as usual, garbled/flashing graphics generated by the HD 4600 (7mb RAM showing) with your config.plist.

Hello again Sir, did the booting with no caches (edited config.plist to include <key>NoCaches</key> and <false> which in PlistEditPro gives me the choice of YES or NO so, that part works obviously, rebooted, rebuilt caches, reboot and still the same issue, garbled graphics ... Was anybody successful with a 1080p Y50-70? Or only UHD? I'd be grateful for your input ... Maybe QE/CI are working properly as designated by IOREG, but I literally have a flashing top 1/7th of the screen, takes a while to get the IOREG save file out ...

I did remove VoodooHDA and reinstalled AppleHDA ... Since that happened, sound is not working (wasn't with a cache rebuild anyway), Bluetooth is gone again and still the same issue as usual, glitchy graphics with the HD4600 ... Problem files attached, I'd be grateful for your advice on how to get the HD 4600 working ....

Here's a YouTube video of what I'm experiencing (filmed it earlier) ... as far as I noted, you saw nothing wrong with any of the Problem reporting files so far, apart from that VoodooHDA was installed, which I think is entirely a different matter aside from the graphics ...

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
Yes, DVMT Preallocwas set to 128 MB using UEFI-Shell. I also created a real serial for the config plist and copied it over wit a Text editor (not using clover configurator)

I don't think anything else, I just followed step-by-step this guide and everything works.
The only thing different is Clover (* .efi) for NVRAM.
1.jpeg

PS. My model is UHD not 4K.

Last edited:
You changed much more than that.
Do not use Clover Configurator. It will change things that you didn't ask to be changed.
Use only Xcode or PlistEdit Pro to edit your config.plist.

By default, the patch is disabled. You must enable it by setting Disabled=false.

Hi bro, I manage To install high sierra on SSD and follow all guide regarding install bootloader on SSD and install all fix and I also install nvidia driver from download section OF this website.
But When I Reboot PC now don't start sierra and show me this

How can fix it ???

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 84
Now have a Little proglem, during installation I can erase disk To OSX journaled But The installer don't show me option for partition GUID
How can solve?

Make sure you set "View" = "Show All Devices" in Disk Utility.

I have rebooted without caches and rebuilded cache, now the issue is solved.
High Sierra perfectly working.
Thanks always for the guides and the continuous and effective support.

Confirmation about CoreDisplayFixup.kext would be great.
Please attach "Problem Reporting" files so I can confirm the results.
Then I'll integrate CoreDisplayFixup.kext into the guide/github.

The information that neither darkvoid'S patch nor CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext are working properly under High Sierra was intended as a distribution.

CoreDisplayFixup.kext already confirmed several times that it is working for High Sierra.
I will be updating the repo to include it.

Hi bro, I manage To install high sierra on SSD and follow all guide regarding install bootloader on SSD and install all fix and I also install nvidia driver from download section OF this website.
But When I Reboot PC now don't start sierra and show me this

How can fix it ???

Nonsense to install the Nvidia driver. It is not supported and is, in fact, disabled by the files provided in this guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back