Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind - just resolved it...

Changed config.plist
  • Devices --> Arbitrary --> Intel HDA : changed value from <03000000> to <02000000>
  • Devices --> Arbitrary --> Intel HDMI HDA : changed value from <03000000> to <02000000>

Nevermind - just resolved it...

Changed config.plist
  • Devices --> Arbitrary --> Intel HDA : changed value from <03000000> to <02000000>
  • Devices --> Arbitrary --> Intel HDMI HDA : changed value from <03000000> to <02000000>

These are already changed in the github.
Your mistake was you failed to update to current content in github...

Hey there @RehabMan , having a couple of issues. Requested problem reporting files attached.

I have El Capitan installed, have since January 2016. It's been a long long time since I've touched anything hackintosh, so I apologize for my ignorance. I decided to give updating to High Sierra a go. I got through the initial steps of the Major Updates section of the guide - pulled repo updates, ran commands, updated config.plist with the appropriate _UHD sample included in the repo and kept my SMBIOS info. I then had to run for a bit so I turned my computer off.

Upon rebooting, I no longer have audio (built-in speakers, mic, aux don't work) or HDMI, and the display flickers white artifacts especially in web browsers and in my IDE (web developer).

Is this because I updated all of that and didn't update to High Sierra afterwards? I'm concerned that if I go ahead with the update I'll wreck my install completely because I'm honestly flying a bit blind after over two years of not touching this.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Considering backing up all my files and just starting fresh with High Sierra, but that's far less ideal than an update.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 134
  • HacBook.ioreg
    5.9 MB · Views: 131
  • Rehabman.zip
    33.1 KB · Views: 120
  • outputs.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 150
Hey there @RehabMan , having a couple of issues. Requested problem reporting files attached.

I have El Capitan installed, have since January 2016. It's been a long long time since I've touched anything hackintosh, so I apologize for my ignorance. I decided to give updating to High Sierra a go. I got through the initial steps of the Major Updates section of the guide - pulled repo updates, ran commands, updated config.plist with the appropriate _UHD sample included in the repo and kept my SMBIOS info. I then had to run for a bit so I turned my computer off.

Upon rebooting, I no longer have audio (built-in speakers, mic, aux don't work) or HDMI, and the display flickers white artifacts especially in web browsers and in my IDE (web developer).

Is this because I updated all of that and didn't update to High Sierra afterwards? I'm concerned that if I go ahead with the update I'll wreck my install completely because I'm honestly flying a bit blind after over two years of not touching this.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Considering backing up all my files and just starting fresh with High Sierra, but that's far less ideal than an update.

Sounds like you forgot to run download.sh and install_downloads.sh to download and install new kexts.
Always read post #1 completely and follow all instructions carefully.

Sounds like you forgot to run download.sh and install_downloads.sh to download and install new kexts.
Always read post #1 completely and follow all instructions carefully.

When I said "ran commands", I meant that I ran all of the commands in your instructions. The only thing I did not do is initiate the actual update from the Install High Sierra app. I followed all of the other update instructions, and ended up with this issues after running those. Please see the files I attached in my previous post, you will see the updated files for yourself.

When I said "ran commands", I meant that I ran all of the commands in your instructions. The only thing I did not do is initiate the actual update from the Install High Sierra app. I followed all of the other update instructions, and ended up with this issues after running those. Please see the files I attached in my previous post, you will see the updated files for yourself.

Use config_UHD.plist from the guide as-is. Yours has so many edits, I cannot even begin to understand the differences (looks like you edited it with Clover Configurator, even though post #1 clearly advises against that).

In Terminal:
after i install these i have KP. am i doing something wrong?
I Follow your CLOVER laptop GUIDE but im still unable to have acceleration on my iGPU. it only displays 7mb. I really don't know what to do, please help.

attache photo of KP and CLOVER ZIP as a problem reporting file

Attachments

• CLOVER after install KEXT from REHABMAN LENOVO Y50.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20180825_083544.jpg
    IMG_20180825_083544.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20180825_083552.jpg
    IMG_20180825_083552.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 91
hi all,
everything works fine and i have no problems with the Hackintosh,
really happy, thank you for the really hard work for my opinion!

One thing, i think, that i have a problem with the PowerManagement,
because the cooling fan run all the time and sometimes with the max speed i think.
Have you any idea?

Thank you very much!

I recommend putting in the repo also the kext "Whatevergreen.kext" because it improves the boot and a lot of gpu bugs.

ps: if i put Whatevergreen can i delete igfx.kext ?

Last edited:
after i install these i have KP. am i doing something wrong?
I Follow your CLOVER laptop GUIDE but im still unable to have acceleration on my iGPU. it only displays 7mb. I really don't know what to do, please help.

attache photo of KP and CLOVER ZIP as a problem reporting file

Your misc/preboot.log proves that you do not have a Lenovo Y50.
This guide is only for the Lenovo Y50.

After you acknowledge this post, I will remove your off-topic posts from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back