Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your config.plist is wrong for installation. A different config.plist is used for the USB installer vs. for final installation.
Obviously the config_UHD.plist I used is good to use for post-installation. Which is the correct plist for OSX Installer boot ?

Obviously the config_UHD.plist I used is good to use for post-installation. Which is the correct plist for OSX Installer boot ?

Read post #1 and the main Clover guide linked from post #1.

I just checked it and it is very clear.

Hmm something went wrong ...

now what?:rolleyes:
Update: To my biggest surprise, OSX installer booted perfectly and El Capitan installation has already started (in full UHD resolution)!

Attachments

• Uh-oh.jpg
    Uh-oh.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 116
Hmm something went wrong ...

now what?:rolleyes:
Update: To my biggest surprise, OSX installer booted perfectly and El Capitan installation has already started (in full UHD resolution)!

Intel graphics injection is disabled in order to reach the installer (config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false as detailed in post #1).

Keep in mind post #1 has information on the BIOS version required to set DVMT-prealloc with the UEFI shell.

After following the guide I was successfully able to instal el capitan 10.11 on my FHD version. Then I updated from the app store to 10.11.2 and everything is working fine.

:?: Hi guys, i plan to follow this guide to install OSX on my laptop, i want a dual boot with windows 10 wich is already installed and i have some questions ( i did not find any clear answer yet ):

1- Will the OSX installation alter the EFI Partition of my HDD ?
2- After i installed OSX, is it mandatory to modify the EFI Partition of my HDD ?
3- Can i simply use the usb drive to boot OSX when needed and put it out when i want to boot Windows 10 a normal way ?

My laptop is a Lenovo Y50-70 (1080p) 2014 version (i7 4710HQ and m860GT) with an Samsung Evo 500GB SSD.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french.
Regards

Well, everything went almost perfect! :p

To my best of luck, my laptop had factory installed the correct (BCM4352) WiFi card and as soon as El Capitan booted I had Wifi ready ! Surprisingly, eventhough I couldn't mess with DVMT prealloc I had no problem running El Capitan. A small problem I encountered during installation was the notorious "Essentials.pkg bug". The solution was to install OSX on a partition less than 256GB.

A small number of remaining malfunctions like audio device loss etc will be fixed in the near future by re-executing the corresponding steps of the guide... I hope as time passes and I get to understand better this new situation (Clover, clover configuration, .plist files etc) everything will be fixed!

Thanks RehabMan (et al.) for all your time and effort :headbang:

:?: Hi guys, i plan to follow this guide to install OSX on my laptop, i want a dual boot with windows 10 wich is already installed and i have some questions ( i did not find any clear answer yet ):

1- Will the OSX installation alter the EFI Partition of my HDD ?
2- After i installed OSX, is it mandatory to modify the EFI Partition of my HDD ?
3- Can i simply use the usb drive to boot OSX when needed and put it out when i want to boot Windows 10 a normal way ?

My laptop is a Lenovo Y50-70 (1080p) 2014 version (i7 4710HQ and m860GT) with an Samsung Evo 500GB SSD.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french.
Regards

Dual boot and preserving an existing Windows install are both covered in the main Clover guide linked from post #1.

1. The OS X installer will not alter the EFI partition. But you will need to install Clover there.
2. It is where Clover is installed.
3. Not using this guide. You should install Clover to your EFI partition and boot Windows and OS X through it.

A small number of remaining malfunctions like audio device loss etc will be fixed in the near future by re-executing the corresponding steps of the guide... I hope as time passes and I get to understand better this new situation (Clover, clover configuration, .plist files etc) everything will be fixed!

Simply follow the first post STEP-BY-STEP
There is no reason why certain things will not work
Don't deviate from the guide
You do not need to edit DVMT prealloc because you are not using UHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back