Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my EFI folder. I did the installation on 22nd of November.

View attachment 165296

Just a thought for Rehabman
When I remapped e073 (Fn+F6) to e037 (touchpad disable), would it work for the guys with elan?
Maybe why it's not working for him (without seeing the actual files, but guessing by the build date)
You pushed my keyboard mapping on Nov 18, 2015 so in theory he should have the mapping code

Just a thought for Rehabman
When I remapped e073 (Fn+F6) to e037 (touchpad disable), would it work for the guys with elan?
Maybe why it's not working for him (without seeing the actual files, but guessing by the build date)
You pushed my keyboard mapping on Nov 18, 2015 so in theory he should have the mapping code

Key remap is specific to my driver. Will not work for those using the ELAN kexts. If the author of the ELAN driver would ever open the source (as required by APSL), we could merge the trackpad driver into my kext and enjoy all the benefits of my keyboard driver.

Key remap is specific to my driver. Will not work for those using the ELAN kexts. If the author of the ELAN driver would ever open the source (as required by APSL), we could merge the trackpad driver into my kext and enjoy all the benefits of my keyboard driver.

So for those using ELAN, all we can say is reset the ACPI to get it to work with ACPI >_<

So for those using ELAN, all we can say is reset the ACPI to get it to work with ACPI >_<

How can I reset the ACPI? Or what's the best thing to do? I'm programming most of the day and I need the touchpad disabled, because I'm touching it by accident everytime and it's uncomfortable to force myself to avoid the touchpad :(

How can I reset the ACPI? Or what's the best thing to do? I'm programming most of the day and I need the touchpad disabled, because I'm touching it by accident everytime and it's uncomfortable to force myself to avoid the touchpad :(

One way, which is more traditional is to remove power and battery, then holding power button for 30 seconds. This was useful when batteries were removable. I DO NOT ENCOURAGE THIS

Another method I found by sheer luck is if you go into bios, and toggle off multimedia/hotkey mode, save, then toggle it back on, or vice versa, ACPI will be reset. Keep in mind this will be a constant problem as long as you are dual booting between windows and mac. If you're only booting mac as the sole OS, then you shouldn't have this problem. As soon as you reboot into windows, it will become broken on mac. On windows, it remains functional.

Unfortunately, as Rehabman pointed out, the keyboard mapping I did will not work for ELAN touchpads (I personally have synaptic)
If someone wants to play with the original source code of the ELAN touchpad https://github.com/EMlyDinEsHMG/ElanTouchpad-Driver , it's probably possible to get it all working (thought a lot more work is needed since it's 3 years old and the dev doesn't want to release recent source code). Since you're a programmer, feel free to work on it.

Is it possible to reverse engineer based on his pre-existing kexts?

You could certainly start with the trackpad code there, integrate it into my code, and fix it for current trackpad firmware. It will be quite involved.

You could certainly start with the trackpad code there, integrate it into my code, and fix it for current trackpad firmware. It will be quite involved.

Well, since I have no ELAN to test it either, I'm not particularly motivated.
But our friend who is a programmer and has an ELAN may be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back