Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the guide, it's definitely one of the best Hackintosh guides I've seen around. I've been running 10.10 flawlessly for a while, but held off on 10.11 until Serato released an update that addressed some issues with coreaudio failing. Everything seems to have gone pretty well, except my touch screen no longer works. I followed the post-update procedure listed, but no luck. Is there something simple that I might be missing? Booting from Clover on USB still allows me to use the touch screen.

Thank you for the guide, it's definitely one of the best Hackintosh guides I've seen around. I've been running 10.10 flawlessly for a while, but held off on 10.11 until Serato released an update that addressed some issues with coreaudio failing. Everything seems to have gone pretty well, except my touch screen no longer works. I followed the post-update procedure listed, but no luck. Is there something simple that I might be missing? Booting from Clover on USB still allows me to use the touch screen.

Try booting with -uia_ignore_rmcf. Report back with ioreg.

It is likely the current USB configuration excludes the touchscreen as it is likely mastercarhead1's laptop does not have a touchscreen.

It is likely the current USB configuration excludes the touchscreen as it is likely mastercarhead1's laptop does not have a touchscreen.

Booted with -uia_ignore_rmcf and touch screen is working. Attached ioreg.

Attachments

• James’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 56

Correct. My laptop does not have touchscreen
The last laptop I have did, and it was a terrible experience

Booted with -uia_ignore_rmcf and touch screen is working. Attached ioreg.

Added touch screen at HS05.

For those that don't have a touchscreen or those that don't want it enabled, use kernel flag: uia_exclude=HS05

Added touch screen at HS05.

For those that don't have a touchscreen or those that don't want it enabled, use kernel flag: uia_exclude=HS05

does it make a difference whether it's enabled?

does it make a difference whether it's enabled?

Without the touchscreen, it is only a minor power savings. With the touch screen, perhaps more power savings to disable it if you don't need/want the touchscreen.

I use uia_exclude=HS01 on my u430 to disable the touch screen, as it is "just a toy" when running OS X... not useful for anything real and can only use additional power.

same issue i guess the framebuffer one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back