Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that's the thing now. I've updated the repo, installed the new Clover (2.4 4061 I'f I'm not wrong) and started the updater. After the initial loading the mac restarts and the clover boot menu loads. Since I've setup dual boot with Win 10 the options are "Boot windows..", "Boot macOS installer from OS X", "Boot macOS from OS X" and "Boot recovery from OS X". Selecting the installer option (I guess it's the right choice to proceed with updating?) what happens is shown on the screenshot below. After few seconds the laptop simply restarts. Any points on how to proceed?

Update: I've managed to install Sierra after deleting and re-downloading all the kexts following the guide. After ./install_downloads.sh and rebooting works like Charm. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170514_115238.jpg
    IMG_20170514_115238.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
what happens is shown on the screenshot below. After few seconds the laptop simply restarts. Any points on how to proceed?

You forgot to update the kexts as per post #1.

Update: I've managed to install Sierra after deleting and re-downloading all the kexts following the guide. After ./install_downloads.sh and rebooting works like Charm. :)

Congratulations on following the update instructions in post #1.

Hello,

I'm running 10.11.6 and I'm having issues with Bluetooth on wake. It works great when I don't put the laptop to sleep. However, when I do (both by folding the laptop and through Apple>Sleep) and wake up again, I click on the BT icon and it says "Bluetooth: Not Available".

The device is still in under the Bluetooth and USB sections in System Information.app, though sometimes the USB device is duplicated(?). I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like. The only difference between the two "devices" is that one doesn't have a "Current Required" field. I also made another ioreg just in case.

I also grabbed a syslog that contains everything BrcmPatchRAM2 logged. When waking up, the following lines are logged:

kernel[0] <Notice>: BrcmPatchRAM2: Version 2.2.7 starting on OS X Darwin 15.6.
kernel[0] <Notice>: BrcmPatchRAM2: [0489:e07a]: USB [48E244E29242 v274] "BCM20702A0" by "Broadcom Corp"
kernel[0] <Notice>: BrcmPatchRAM2: [0489:e07a]: device request failed ("0xe00002eb (UNDEFINED)" 0xe00002eb).
kernel[0] <Notice>: BrcmPatchRAM2: [0489:e07a]: continuousRead - Failed to queue read (0xe00002d8)​

I also doodled around the git repo for this kext, and found out that Android File Transfer is a nasty thorn to it, so I removed it a while ago. This is actually the 2nd card I've bought. With the first one after a while I completely grenaded the BT in it, the USB device does not show up anymore. I'd rather it didn't happen to this one as well.

I can't make anything of this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Removed the report since the issue was resolved.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm running 10.11.6 and I'm having issues with Bluetooth on wake. It works great when I don't put the laptop to sleep. However, when I do (both by folding the laptop and through Apple>Sleep) and wake up again, I click on the BT icon and it says "Bluetooth: Not Available".

The device is still in under the Bluetooth and USB sections in System Information.app, though sometimes the USB device is duplicated(?). I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like. The only difference between the two "devices" is that one doesn't have a "Current Required" field. I also made another ioreg just in case.

I also grabbed a syslog that contains everything BrcmPatchRAM2 logged. When waking up, the following lines are logged:

kernel[0] <Notice>: BrcmPatchRAM2: Version 2.2.7 starting on OS X Darwin 15.6.
kernel[0] <Notice>: BrcmPatchRAM2: [0489:e07a]: USB [48E244E29242 v274] "BCM20702A0" by "Broadcom Corp"
kernel[0] <Notice>: BrcmPatchRAM2: [0489:e07a]: device request failed ("0xe00002eb (UNDEFINED)" 0xe00002eb).
kernel[0] <Notice>: BrcmPatchRAM2: [0489:e07a]: continuousRead - Failed to queue read (0xe00002d8)​

I also doodled around the git repo for this kext, and found out that Android File Transfer is a nasty thorn to it, so I removed it a while ago. This is actually the 2nd card I've bought. With the first one after a while I completely grenaded the BT in it, the USB device does not show up anymore. I'd rather it didn't happen to this one as well.

I can't make anything of this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Google Chrome is hooking your USB ports.
Read the related topic in the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hello,
I dont understand, I have the RealtekRT8111.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts but the connection from Ethernet cable doesn't work...
The only I see in System Preferences/Network is "PAN bluetooth - not connected" but I can't create a new configurationand make Ethernet connection working...
Any idea please ?
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 46
  • kextstat output.zip
    1 KB · Views: 66
  • MacBook Pro de LAHOULE.zip
    359.6 KB · Views: 67
  • RehabMan.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 49
  • sudo touch output.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
OK sorry
Here are the zip files.
Note that when I copy/paste all the kexts from EFI/CLOVER/kexts to S/L/E, I always have a message that says "System extension cannot be used..."

I have installed Mavericks 10.9
My laptop is Lenovo Y50-70 with Full HD screen (15,6")

Thanks a lot

You did not follow the guide:
- Clover/config.plist is wrong (not from this guide)
- Clover/ACPI/patched content not present
- Clover/kexts/Other is wrong (you even have things that are not kexts!)
- no where in this guide does it instruct you to "copy/paste... kexts.... to S/L/E"

Suggestion: Start over and follow the guide as written in post #1.

You did not follow the guide:
- Clover/config.plist is wrong (not from this guide)
- Clover/ACPI/patched content not present
- Clover/kexts/Other is wrong (you even have things that are not kexts!)
- no where in this guide does it instruct you to "copy/paste... kexts.... to S/L/E"

Suggestion: Start over and follow the guide as written in post #1.

Thanks for your suggestion but I'm quite desperate...
I'm not a crack in computing and I was so happy to succeed in installing Mavericks on my PC.
I thought I had follow your guide to the letter but obviously not :(
The problem is that I'm still wondering where and when I missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back