Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I followed your guide on my y50-70, but wifi didn't work (BCM94352Z), bluetooth works well, i can see wifi list,but I can't connect to my house wifi. I tried this method, just works a minute(http://osxdaily.com/2015/10/16/fix-wi-fi-problems-mac-os-x-el-capitan/) .I also changes the country code ,it seems not the point .
Also, i installed win10+macOs10.11.6 efi+gpt on my computer ,but i only boot into win10. What can i do to boot into clover that controls win10+macOs.
thanks!

Attachments

• efi partion.png
    efi partion.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 96
  • config.plist
    19.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Hi, I followed your guide on my y50-70, but wifi didn't work (BCM94352Z), bluetooth works well, i can see wifi list,but I can't connect to my house wifi. I tried this method, just works a minute(http://osxdaily.com/2015/10/16/fix-wi-fi-problems-mac-os-x-el-capitan/) .I also changes the country code ,it seems not the point .
Also, i installed win10+macOs10.11.6 efi+gpt on my computer ,but i only boot into win10. What can i do to boot into clover that controls win10+macOs.
thanks!

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi. Its me again.
I have a zip with the files attached what you mentioned in Post #1.

So the problem is: I turn on the pc and the display wents black. (apple logo flashes at beginning of boot then flickes and goes away), then i need to hold power button until display turns off(1-2secs) the press again to turn it on again and it works fine after this.

Attachments

• Problem_flo071.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
Hi. Its me again.
I have a zip with the files attached what you mentioned in Post #1.

So the problem is: I turn on the pc and the display wents black. (apple logo flashes at beginning of boot then flickes and goes away), then i need to hold power button until display turns off(1-2secs) the press again to turn it on again and it works fine after this.

Use external monitor to collect complete "Problem Reporting" files.

My guess is that you didn't patch IOKit (CoreDisplay on 10.12.x) for the pixel clock, or didn't set DVMT-prealloc correctly, or didn't rebuild cache after booting with an invalid ig-platform-id (so the DVMT related patch is not taking effect).

Use external monitor to collect complete "Problem Reporting" files.

My guess is that you didn't patch IOKit (CoreDisplay on 10.12.x) for the pixel clock, or didn't set DVMT-prealloc correctly, or didn't rebuild cache after booting with an invalid ig-platform-id (so the DVMT related patch is not taking effect).
The problem is, when I connect an external monitor, I cannot get any picture on it. Both, laptop and external are black.

i patched the IOKit and set DVMT-prealloc. is it maybe a problem with my macOS version? I saw on your github that the config.plist is for updated to 10.12.4 but i am on 10.12.3.

and if its a problem with this, can i simply update through the AppStore?

The problem is, when I connect an external monitor, I cannot get any picture on it. Both, laptop and external are black.

i patched the IOKit and set DVMT-prealloc. is it maybe a problem with my macOS version? I saw on your github that the config.plist is for updated to 10.12.4 but i am on 10.12.3.

and if its a problem with this, can i simply update through the AppStore?

Did you boot with an invalid ig-platform-id, then rebuild caches, then reboot?
Clover cannot patch a kext that is not in cache, so you have to jumpstart things that way...

Note that your EFI/Clover/kexts is wrong (no kexts), so if you failed to install the required kexts to the system volume, you should not expect to be able to boot your system.

Hello,

After I updated to 12.4 I get slow mouse at login screen and keyboard identification error. How can I fix it?

Hello,

After I updated to 12.4 I get slow mouse at login screen and keyboard identification error. How can I fix it?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
And what exactly do you mean by "keyboard identification error"?

Hi, I've used this guide to successfully dual boot win10 and El Capitan, for which I'm very thankful :)
Now it's time to jump to Sierra. Is it possible to simply upgrade to Sierra through the "Install macOS Sierra" from the launcher or it'd screw the whole system and I'd have to start over?

Hi, I've used this guide to successfully dual boot win10 and El Capitan, for which I'm very thankful :)
Now it's time to jump to Sierra. Is it possible to simply upgrade to Sierra through the "Install macOS Sierra" from the launcher or it'd screw the whole system and I'd have to start over?

Make sure all your files are up-to-date (from this repo, and Clover, etc).
Then update as you normally would...
You might want to have a backup in case something doesn't work properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back