Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The kext you installed is not detecting/not supporting ALPS. It is loading the mouse driver instead.

You should check your system.log.

Also, use the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext to get more info on key translation (you can also use 'ioio -s ApplePS2Keyboard LogScanCodes 1'.

Your trackpad is ELAN. The ACPI patches for brightness keys assume that if you have ELAN, you'll install the ELAN PS2 drivers.

You have the wrong PS2 drivers installed.
Could you provide me with the correct drivers?
Also now I can't seem to disable the trackpad with Fn+F6(which I could do before).

Also now I can't seem to disable the trackpad with Fn+F6(which I could do before).

ACPI gets messed up after a few reboots. I wrote code to fix that by remapping the keyboard for Synaptic touchpad, but unfortunately that doesn't extend towards Elan. You could try doing the same for it, but it's going to be more difficult

You can use google to find ELAN drivers.

Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 M.2 NGFF Mini Card 867Mbps

I found this on Amazon. Everything matches except for the DW1560. The seller doesn't accept returns so I want to be absolutely sure before buying it. Will it work?

EDIT: Nope. It has an A+E key. That means it works only for Dell DW1560. Won't work for Lenovo Y-50

Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 M.2 NGFF Mini Card 867Mbps

I found this on Amazon. Everything matches except for the DW1560. The seller doesn't accept returns so I want to be absolutely sure before buying it. Will it work?

EDIT: Nope. It has an A+E key. That means it works only for Dell DW1560. Won't work for Lenovo Y-50

I think there is detailed information regarding WiFi in post #1.

The only one I found that is properly working is ApplePS2SmartTouchPad, but I still can't disable the touchpad.
Do I have to delete any kext?
I tried installing Voodoo, but with it, when I touched the touchpad, my cursor went crazy everywhere.

The only one I found that is properly working is ApplePS2SmartTouchPad, but I still can't disable the touchpad.
Do I have to delete any kext?
I tried installing Voodoo, but with it, when I touched the touchpad, my cursor went crazy everywhere.

The touchpad disable work that mastercarhead1 contributed is only for those using my Synaptics driver.

The driver you're using is not open source (in contravention of the APSL), so good luck with that...

Hey, it's my first post. I am trying to instal dual-boot on my Y50-70 UHD 1TB HDD and would like to ask if i can change DVMT- prealloc from efi shell which i boot from USB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back