Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo X250

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, could I fix the graphics issues?

Remove the FakeID setting you have. The purpose of that setting is to disable the graphics drivers.

Remove the FakeID setting you have. The purpose of that setting is to disable the graphics drivers.
Perfect (y), Rehab. The issue is solved. :clap:
Thanks so much. just quick question. Why the booting process is too slow (mine ~10minutes). Is it because of config.plist & DSDT patches?

Perfect (y), Rehab. The issue is solved. :clap:
Thanks so much. just quick question. Why the booting process is too slow (mine ~10minutes). Is it because of config.plist & DSDT patches?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Hi Rehab, I attached the info for you
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

n4aEQ0S.png

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
ZX5vot4.png

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6 MB · Views: 296
Hi Rehab, I attached the info for you

n4aEQ0S.png

ZX5vot4.png

ACPI is not patched correctly. See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
Also, all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume (as per Clover laptop guide, linked from the FAQ).
I also don't know why you patched AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext on disk. Use Clover to patch kexts (KextsToPatch).
You have a lot of unnecessary kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts (see Clover laptop guide for reference).

Thank you so much for this guide. I am very excited to install OS X Sierra on my x250! I'm working on getting access to a MacBook to download Sierra and create the USB.

I just have a couple of questions. I checked this thread for them but couldn't find anything so hopefully they haven't already been answered here.

1. Does it matter if I create the USB with UEFI or Legacy? Which one should I choose?

2. This is probably a stupid question, but I had difficulty visualizing the process when reading through the steps.

From steps 4.1 to 4.5, where am I doing this? Am I doing this in Sierra, using the Mac terminal? If so then wouldn't I need to have the trackpad, wifi, etc all working properly already? Or is there a way to do this all before booting up the OS?

Sorry for my ignorance! Never tried something like this before. If someone could explain this or help me visualize it that would be great!

Thanks so much

This guide details the installation of macOS Sierra carried out on a Lenovo X250 with the following hardware:
- Core i5-5300U
- Intel HD5500 (ig-platform-id 0x16160002)
- Audio ALC3232
- Wireless&bluetooth card Intel AC...replaced by a Broadcom 94352z (I would recommend another model: no driver for windows

Thanks so much for the guide. I've pretty much got everything working using it. I did have to use a different platform id (0x16260006) to get my external monitor working (using a Mini Display Port to --> HDMI converter). I also ran into issues upgrading from 10.12.1 to 10.12.2. It turned out that the "kexttopatch" does not work to patch the AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer as Fraisdos explains in Section 4.3. I had to disable inject graphics to get it to boot and then re-patch the kext manually (instruction in Section 4.3). Anyways I hope that this tid bit helps someone else :) Thanks again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back