Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo X250

Status
Not open for further replies.
I created dsdt and the set of ssdt files based on the instructions here. But I have the set of ACPI errors occurred several times and when I finished choosing the partition to install, the installation can. It go further showing the x250 is not plugged in. Also the battery icon is not shown. What might be the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 177
I created dsdt and the set of ssdt files based on the instructions here. But I have the set of ACPI errors occurred several times and when I finished choosing the partition to install, the installation can. It go further showing the x250 is not plugged in. Also the battery icon is not shown. What might be the problem?

It appears you made a mistake.

See ACPI patching guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

@RehabMan, to patch AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer, should I turn off SIP first? The instruction did not say that. But when I tried to install the patched version to S/L/E by kext utility, it gives error. Thanks.

@RehabMan, to patch AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer, should I turn off SIP first? The instruction did not say that. But when I tried to install the patched version to S/L/E by kext utility, it gives error. Thanks.

No need to patch it on disk. You can patch with Clover KextsToPatch.

No need to patch it on disk. You can patch with Clover KextsToPatch.
But based on the instruction "
Lenovo has protected the Bios, then the DVMT variable can't be modify with EFI shell, the bios can't be modified without some hardware tools...
As the KextsToPatch looks like to have no effect on the kext, it remains the binary modification:"

It seems that KextsToPatch does not work in this case?

But based on the instruction "
Lenovo has protected the Bios, then the DVMT variable can't be modify with EFI shell, the bios can't be modified without some hardware tools...
As the KextsToPatch looks like to have no effect on the kext, it remains the binary modification:"

It seems that KextsToPatch does not work in this case?

KextsToPatch works.
Proper use:
- enable the patch in your config.plist (make sure you're using the correct one)
- make sure you're NOT using a FakeID
- boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678)
- rebuild cache (see FAQ)
- boot normally with your intended/valid ig-platform-id

I used the clover USB stick in the instruction and created installation USB with my own dsdt and ssdts. I have 12 ssdts instead of 13 in the guide and do not know why. The installation is ok, but after reboot, when I choose the installation partition to boot still with the USB clover, the system reboots itself. Any help to solve this issue? Is it because the 12 ssdts instead of 13 or some other cause? Thanks.

I used the clover USB stick in the instruction and created installation USB with my own dsdt and ssdts. I have 12 ssdts instead of 13 in the guide and do not know why. The installation is ok, but after reboot, when I choose the installation partition to boot still with the USB clover, the system reboots itself. Any help to solve this issue? Is it because the 12 ssdts instead of 13 or some other cause? Thanks.

The number of extracted SSDTs can depend on BIOS options and BIOS version.
For ACPI patching fundamentals, read the guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

@RehabMan, stil no go, I followed the ACPI Patching fundamentals, the system still reboots. I tried to boot the system partition with verbose mode, can only see the first two lines fly by and then reboot. I know usually after that two lines, the third line the a row of underlines. I do not even see those lines. Any help?

@RehabMan, stil no go, I followed the ACPI Patching fundamentals, the system still reboots. I tried to boot the system partition with verbose mode, can only see the first two lines fly by and then reboot. I know usually after that two lines, the third line the a row of underlines. I do not even see those lines. Any help?

Restart into Clover, press F4 and Fn+F4 at the main Clover screen before booting (to collect ACPI/origin files). Boot verbose, attach photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder (not EFI folder). Please strip Clover/themes before compressing as ZIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back