Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo X250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman,

I sort it out following the guide. Now all the issues related to the ACPI patching appears to be solved.
I'm working on a 10.12.6.

Yesterday I receive the Broadcom BCM943602BAED_2 I applied all the kext and patched spotted on the guide. It works in general, but I have the same sleep issue only on bluetooth. When the laptop sleep the bluetooth never wake up again. How can I fix that?

Other bug I have is the brightness function buttons, it appears to be duplicated in two positions, F5 and F6 which are the correct ones, and F10-F11. F10 must be the search button(spotlight) and F11 must be mission control. It's not a problem but a bit annoying.

The clover autoboot not working still persist. I need to press a key in order to boot in clover. It does not depend on the bios settings, whatever I change legacy or uefi it acts the same way.

One more thing I have it's an error on kext cache about the Trim on ssd. I think it's because I have it enabled on clover and on kext by hand. What is the correct or more elegant way to do it?

I attach all my files in the actual version ACPI files for bios 1.27.

Thanks in advance.

ACPI patching always based on file content, not file names.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.232984/

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 146
  • Kextcache.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 193
  • kextstats.txt
    718 bytes · Views: 170
Last edited:
Hi Rehabman,

I sort it out following the guide. Now all the issues related to the ACPI patching appears to be solved.
I'm working on a 10.12.6.

Yesterday I receive the Broadcom BCM943602BAED_2 I applied all the kext and patched spotted on the guide. It works in general, but I have the same sleep issue only on bluetooth. When the laptop sleep the bluetooth never wake up again. How can I fix that?

The ioreg you attached shows bluetooth working.

Other bug I have is the brightness function buttons, it appears to be duplicated in two positions, F5 and F6 which are the correct ones, and F10-F11. F10 must be the search button(spotlight) and F11 must be mission control. It's not a problem but a bit annoying.

Read the VoodooPS2 wiki (on github) regarding custom keyboard mapping.
Then you can see in the kernel logs how the keys are being mapped.

The clover autoboot not working still persist. I need to press a key in order to boot in clover. It does not depend on the bios settings, whatever I change legacy or uefi it acts the same way.

Check SysPrefs->Startup Disk.

One more thing I have it's an error on kext cache about the Trim on ssd. I think it's because I have it enabled on clover and on kext by hand. What is the correct or more elegant way to do it?

Don't use 'trimforce enable'.

The ioreg you attached shows bluetooth working.

>I'll check again all bluetooth confs, just in case and report back.

Read the VoodooPS2 wiki (on github) regarding custom keyboard mapping.
Then you can see in the kernel logs how the keys are being mapped.

>OK, I'll check on that too.

>I checked that before, does not work. It's strange, maybe I have something wrong on my clover? Can you help me on that?

Don't use 'trimforce enable'.
>DONE, no more errors about trim.

Thanks in advance.

>I checked that before, does not work. It's strange, maybe I have something wrong on my clover? Can you help me on that?

Make sure you have something selected there.
And make sure your NVRAM is working. You may need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and "RC scripts" from the Clover installer.

Make sure you have something selected there.
And make sure your NVRAM is working. You may need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and "RC scripts" from the Clover installer.

Well UEFI boot solve, the clover config.plist boot section was incomplete. Now it's ok and it boot as expected.

I checked on the bluetooth and suddenly it fail again after sleep. It appears to not affect the wifi only the bluetooth part of the module.

The bluetooth is missing after sleep, quite strange I wake up the laptop the bluetooth appears to be ok and after a few seconds it disappear as if you disconnect it. What is more weird is that on the system report it's still listed.

I just realise that the module stays that way until I switch off the laptop and extract the battery, it's like the sleep block the firmware in some way. When I put the battery again and boot it the bluetooth works again.

I attacha the Ioreg when that happens and the system report screen.
Any clue?

Thanks

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 132
  • Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 18.33.47.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 18.33.47.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Well UEFI boot solve, the clover config.plist boot section was incomplete. Now it's ok and it boot as expected.

I checked on the bluetooth and suddenly it fail again after sleep. It appears to not affect the wifi only the bluetooth part of the module.

The bluetooth is missing after sleep, quite strange I wake up the laptop the bluetooth appears to be ok and after a few seconds it disappear as if you disconnect it. What is more weird is that on the system report it's still listed.

I just realise that the module stays that way until I switch off the laptop and extract the battery, it's like the sleep block the firmware in some way. When I put the battery again and boot it the bluetooth works again.

I attacha the Ioreg when that happens and the system report screen.
Any clue?

Thanks

Your ioreg shows Google Chrome hooking your USB ports.
See related topic in the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, there are a few USB guides in the FAQ that you should become familiar with.

Hi,

I am following the guide on a i5-5200u X250 and I keep getting stuck at first boot (before install) at this point:
AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRAM: failed getting NVRAM
using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer

Any idea what the cause is?

The Intel WiFi card is still installed (new one is on its way) and I am using a m.2 SSD.

Attachments

• IMG_2793.JPG
    IMG_2793.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Hi,

I am following the guide on a i5-5200u X250 and I keep getting stuck at first boot (before install) at this point:
AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRAM: failed getting NVRAM
using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer

Any idea what the cause is?

The Intel WiFi card is still installed (new one is on its way) and I am using a m.2 SSD.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you for your quick reply. Here is the EFI/Clover folder. I am using the files from the CLOVER-USB Stick.zip archive.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back