Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo X250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any clue on how to do it with High Sierra? I can't download Sierra from the apple store and when I follow the guide only changing High Sierra and the new version of Clover, I get a forbidden sign.

Any clue on how to do it with High Sierra? I can't download Sierra from the apple store and when I follow the guide only changing High Sierra and the new version of Clover, I get a forbidden sign.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Hi RehabMan, I think I updated my profile correctly, let me know if there is something missing.
I followed your guide, used the installmedia method and then the double partition, ran your version of clover and used the HD5500 config and kets that you provide, after updating and modifying bios settings I tried to install. I used verbose mode and it rebooted, after that, the bar below the apple logo appeared but it didn't move, then it rebooted again and the forbidden sign appeared. I attach my EFI folder down below.
I really appreciate your help and I apologize if I did something wrong when reporting the issue.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 106
Hi RehabMan, I think I updated my profile correctly, let me know if there is something missing.
I followed your guide, used the installmedia method and then the double partition, ran your version of clover and used the HD5500 config and kets that you provide, after updating and modifying bios settings I tried to install. I used verbose mode and it rebooted, after that, the bar below the apple logo appeared but it didn't move, then it rebooted again and the forbidden sign appeared. I attach my EFI folder down below.
I really appreciate your help and I apologize if I did something wrong when reporting the issue.

Problems/comments:
- verbose boot photo is missing (read "Problem Reporting" in FAQ carefully)
- guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext has no application to your hardware. Remove.
- keep in mind that if your DVMT-prealloc is set incorrectly, you will need to use an invalid ig-platform-id (as mentioned in the guide)
- you may need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
- try all USB ports, use a USB2 stick

FYI, guide update with latest patch for Intel HD5500 and SSDT method for USB tuning.
The guide should be valid for bot Sierra and High Sierra.

Problems/comments:
- verbose boot photo is missing (read "Problem Reporting" in FAQ carefully)
- guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext has no application to your hardware. Remove.
- keep in mind that if your DVMT-prealloc is set incorrectly, you will need to use an invalid ig-platform-id (as mentioned in the guide)
- you may need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
- try all USB ports, use a USB2 stick

Thank you Rehab! That worked flawlessly, writing this from my x250 with High Sierra.

Author of this guide got my x250 up and going well so far on High Sierra. This project required a lot of reading, patience and time. Thanks to all who helped build the guide. Only two things:

1. I'm using DW1830 card Bluetooth which works but once the computer resumes from sleep, its becomes unavailable, not sure why both BRCMfirewarerepo and BCRMpatchram2 are located in S/L/E. Any suggests ?

2. SD card reader, is there a kext to make it work?

Author of this guide got my x250 up and going well so far on High Sierra. This project required a lot of reading, patience and time. Thanks to all who helped build the guide. Only two things:

1. I'm using DW1830 card Bluetooth which works but once the computer resumes from sleep, its becomes unavailable, not sure why both BRCMfirewarerepo and BCRMpatchram2 are located in S/L/E. Any suggests ?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

2. SD card reader, is there a kext to make it work?

Read FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Rehabman, please find my config. Bluetooth of DW1830 I don't believe is patched correctly

Attachments

• my-sierra-setup.zip
    6 MB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back