Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo u310/u410 Yosemite using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
All true. I should get on that at some point. Just haven't had the time. I will say that I mistakenly updated to the beta of 10.4 and caused a kernel panic and system was unbootable. So hopefully by the time that comes out of beta we will have an answer.

All true. I should get on that at some point. Just haven't had the time. I will say that I mistakenly updated to the beta of 10.4 and caused a kernel panic and system was unbootable. So hopefully by the time that comes out of beta we will have an answer.

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban."

Yes well, I didn't intend to do upgrade to it and am not discussing it. I will update the HDMI audio patches when I get home tonight. Those look quite straight forward.

EDIT - HDMI audio updated to patch in Clover, should be able to use default kext now.

Updated post #1 to explain patching AppleHDA on the fly. If you have previously installed the patched AppleHDA with kext wizard, please restore to vanilla AppleHDA and give the new method a try. Has been working fine for me.

Awesome!!

Not knowing exactly what happens when "installing" a kext using kext wizard, how does one "uninstall" and replace it with the original? Is it as straight forward as I'm thinking and just requiring a copy past of the kext itself or is there a method to this?

Awesome!!

Not knowing exactly what happens when "installing" a kext using kext wizard, how does one "uninstall" and replace it with the original? Is it as straight forward as I'm thinking and just requiring a copy past of the kext itself or is there a method to this?

No, no. Copying or pasting the kext won't work. Just use Kext Wizard to install the vanilla (standard issue) AppleHDA.kext. Rebuild.repair permissions and reboot. Your sound should not work anymore. Then follow the new updated section of the guide.

Kext Wizard offers to make backups of any kexts you're replacing, hopefully you did that. If not, search around for vanilla AppleHDA.kext, I'm sure it's not hard to find.

I've read through this thing like 10 times. I have been dreading to try this on my wife's PINK u310.
It has been working very well on 10.8.2. Now that I have done a couple of computers and Laptops with Clover, I guess I will give this a swing. My only concern is whether the AR5B195 will work.

I've read through this thing like 10 times. I have been dreading to try this on my wife's PINK u310.
It has been working very well on 10.8.2. Now that I have done a couple of computers and Laptops with Clover, I guess I will give this a swing. My only concern is whether the AR5B195 will work.

AR5B195 is AR9285 WiFi + AR3011 bluetooth. It works. There is information in the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I have same problem like user legba on page 26 of thread "[Guide] Lenovo U410/U310 Yosemite" (https://vid.me/ngVo)

I tried PCIRootUID=0/1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, IGPEnabler, InjectIntel, ig-platform-id...no difference
In BIOS is set UMA only. I apply all patches from first post (6. Action: Patch DSDT)

Is interesting that graphic card (HD4000) full works if I plug flashdisk or external wifi to usb 2 port when system booting!

I attach output from patchmatic, DSDT without patches and ioreg output.
Output from terminal when I put command "kextstat|grep -y acpiplat":
Code:
   13    2 0xffffff7f824b1000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Command "kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu" is without output

Attachments

• DSDTclean.aml
    43.9 KB · Views: 95
  • gynekolog.ioreg
    3.9 MB · Views: 113
  • pathmatic.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 82
I have same problem like user legba on page 26 of thread "[Guide] Lenovo U410/U310 Yosemite" (https://vid.me/ngVo)

I tried PCIRootUID=0/1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, IGPEnabler, InjectIntel, ig-platform-id...no difference
In BIOS is set UMA only. I apply all patches from first post (6. Action: Patch DSDT)

Is interesting that graphic card (HD4000) full works if I plug flashdisk or external wifi to usb 2 port when system booting!

I attach output from patchmatic, DSDT without patches and ioreg output.
Output from terminal when I put command "kextstat|grep -y acpiplat":
Code:
   13    2 0xffffff7f824b1000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Command "kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu" is without output

Follow the guide in post #1.

Most of the flags you mention are not Clover flags at all, but specific to Chimera/Chameleon.

According to ioreg, HD4000 is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back