Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440 (v3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your help. The audio is now working. What needs to be changed to fix the trackpoint and touchpad?

Your trackpad is detected as Synaptics. What is the issue?

Your trackpad is detected as Synaptics. What is the issue?

My main problem with the touchpad is that while it has three seperate buttons, they all currently operate as a "right" button, while I expected to have a left button, a right button, and (possibly) a scroll or other feature in the center.

My main problem with the touchpad is that while it has three seperate buttons, they all currently operate as a "right" button, while I expected to have a left button, a right button, and (possibly) a scroll or other feature in the center.

Do you have a trackpoint? Those buttons may be connected to the trackpoint, therefore needing special treatment.
tluck has a fork of my VoodooPS2Controller.kext that may be more appropriate for trackpoint equipped Thinkpads.

And if your trackpad is a "clickpad" (eg. one button under the trackpad itself), then what you describe is by design.

Do you have a trackpoint? Those buttons may be connected to the trackpoint, therefore needing special treatment.
tluck has a fork of my VoodooPS2Controller.kext that may be more appropriate for trackpoint equipped Thinkpads.

And if your trackpad is a "clickpad" (eg. one button under the trackpad itself), then what you describe is by design.

Yes, I have a trackpoint, but it is not currently working under macOS. My trackpad has been upgraded to the T460 model that has 3 physical buttons (I am no longer using the original "clickpad").

Yes, I have a trackpoint, but it is not currently working under macOS. My trackpad has been upgraded to the T460 model that has 3 physical buttons (I am no longer using the original "clickpad").

Your trackpoint may be the conduit for the buttons.
You should check.
Use the debug version of VoodooPS2Cotroller.kext to get detailed packet info and then analyze it.

@timfv if for any reason you didn't see the kext attached on my guide or if it didn't work for you, here is the latest one prebuilt from Tluck source.

Make sure to use the SSDT to load the configuration.

Attachments

• Tluck - VoodooPS2Controller.zip
    80.6 KB · Views: 107
@timfv if for any reason you didn't see the kext attached on my guide or if it didn't work for you, here is the latest one prebuilt from Tluck source.

Make sure to use the SSDT to load the configuration.

Thank you for pointing out that version of the kext. The touchpad is working properly, now that I replaced my old version of VoodooPS2Controller with the Tluck version. The trackpoint started working after I installed the Lilu, Shiki, and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts.

Last edited:
Sniki,very thank for your article.
I install Mac 10.12.6,can't set DisableDrivers = VBoxHfs, need set DisableDrivers = Nothing,otherwise will not load system.

Hey!

I love your guide and still use my "mac" everyday. I installed it successfully on a L450 Thinkpad. Unfortunately I have now a problem with the USB ports. If I plug in my Android phone it shows me that the USB does not have enough power. It does not matter which of the three usb ports I try it cannot provide enough power over USB. Can you help me out?

Mac: 10.13.6

Thank you.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 156
  • Extensions.txt.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 95
  • ioreg.zip
    622.3 KB · Views: 114
  • kextstatOutput.txt.zip
    848 bytes · Views: 93
  • RehabMan.zip