Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440 (v3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sniki : My apologies for being so late to respond. I have been rather tied-up lately. So...I've attached my most recent Clover file and IORegistry. Since we last corresponded I am still experiencing a few issues;

- LED lights continue to blink after sleep
- F* Keyboard Buttons (the solution in your guide does not work for me)
- Dual Battery Status issue (not really syncing properly in High Sierra)
- SD Card Reader (can install the kext and it works at first but ultimately crashes the system where I cannot boot anymore)

Any insight you can share will be quite valuable!

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete/wrong (ioreg is from wrong version).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• WORKING.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 151
@RehabMan Here are the updated files.

You are missing some of the "Problem Reporting" files/output.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

But I'll comment on what you have here:
- DSDT.aml should be deleted from ACPI/patched (this guide uses hotpatch)
- dual battery requires SSDT-BATC
- something in SSDT-T450.aml is conflicting with DSDT (might be fixed if you were using native DSDT, not patched)

I just recently installed Sierra on my Thinkpad L440, based on your guide, and most things are now working. However, sound doesn't work (no input or output devices appear in Preferences), the trackpoint doesn't work, and the touchpad doesn't work as expected (upgraded to T460 model- buttons work, but all 3 function as a right button). The BIOS is unpatched.

What should I try next?

Attachments

• L440-2.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I just recently installed Sierra on my Thinkpad L440, based on your guide, and most things are now working. However, sound doesn't work (no input or output devices appear in Preferences), the trackpoint doesn't work, and the touchpad doesn't work as expected (upgraded to T460 model- buttons work, but all 3 function as a right button). The BIOS is unpatched.

What should I try next?

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

What should I try next?
My files have been updated.

Your SSDT-L440.aml depends on EHCx->EH0x patches, but your config.plist has no such patches.
This is why the entire SSDT-L440.aml is not working (it refers to/depends on EH01/EH02 that don't exist).
It is easy to see that DSDT.aml in your patchmatic -extract output still shows EHC1/EHC2.

Your SSDT-L440.aml depends on EHCx->EH0x patches, but your config.plist has no such patches.
This is why the entire SSDT-L440.aml is not working (it refers to/depends on EH01/EH02 that don't exist).
It is easy to see that DSDT.aml in your patchmatic -extract output still shows EHC1/EHC2.

Thank you for your help. The audio is now working. What needs to be changed to fix the trackpoint and touchpad?

Attachments

• L440-3.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back