Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T460 Hackintosh 10.11 & Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're not viewing any Clover Boot Menu then you've an issue with your USB hardware or USB preparation steps, please check https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/

Thanks again for all your help and effort on this.

I recreated the USB with a new one and different Mac so I managed to get it to boot into Clover.

The next issue: I boot in verbose mode and it keeps crashing after the "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transaport"and "USBMSC Identifier (non-unique)" messages. Research points to the Intel HD520 Graphics issue as this is the next thing that gets loaded - according the experts.

I've got the same specs as you, according to your build signature and am using the config.plist in your first post. Any ideas on what to try next would be appreciated.

IMG_8691.JPG IMG_8690.JPG

Thanks again for all your help and effort on this.

I recreated the USB with a new one and different Mac so I managed to get it to boot into Clover.

The next issue: I boot in verbose mode and it keeps crashing after the "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transaport"and "USBMSC Identifier (non-unique)" messages. Research points to the Intel HD520 Graphics issue as this is the next thing that gets loaded - according the experts.

I've got the same specs as you, according to your build signature and am using the config.plist in your first post. Any ideas on what to try next would be appreciated.

View attachment 214768 View attachment 214769

Are these images from booting the installer? Or something else?

@RehabMan
Hello, I discovered that if I boot Windows and then reboot these graphic glitches don't appear, it is related to framebuffer, maybe anything like "Haswell 9MB Cursor issue"? How can I know what I must change?

Here I attach ioreg files booting directly to OS X and rebooting from Windows.

Thank you very much

Attachments

• T460-01-Post_WIN_Boot.ioreg.zip
    504.2 KB · Views: 82
  • T460-01-OSX_Boot.ioreg.zip
    502.9 KB · Views: 96
@RehabMan
Hello, I discovered that if I boot Windows and then reboot these graphic glitches don't appear, it is related to framebuffer, maybe anything like "Haswell 9MB Cursor issue"? How can I know what I must change?

Here I attach ioreg files booting directly to OS X and rebooting from Windows.

Thank you very much

Probably something is not initialized the same when booting directly from BIOS. Experiment with BIOS settings.

Probably something is not initialized the same when booting directly from BIOS. Experiment with BIOS settings.
I tried all BIOS settings without success. What I've found is that changing to Display Profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1 reduces this issue but doesn't fix it completely, I've read this confirms that is is a framebuffer issue, but I don't know how to continue.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I found there is a fix for Menu Bar graphic glitches using this SSDT:
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("ssdt.aml", "SSDT", 2, "APPLE ", "igpu", 0x00001000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)
    External (IGPU, DeviceObj)
    Scope (\_SB.PCI0)
    {
        Device (IGPU)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                        0x03
                    })
                }
                Return (Package (0x02)
                {
                    "AAPL,GfxYTile",
                    Buffer (0x4)
                    {
                        0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                    }                   
                })
            }
        }
    }
}

I tried it without success, can anybody confirm?

A really nice and interesting guide. I just started to search for informations about converting a Lenovo 460/560 device into a macOS machine.

Do you guys know if the 560 will work with this guide too? I guess most of the stuff is similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back