Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T440s Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain exactly which changes you made for the Fn keys?

Sorry for the really long delay here, I haven't used the computer in a really long time.

I'm not sure if you figured it out on your own or not but I set them to use high numbered "F" keys like F13 and higher. I then chose the function of the buttons from the GUI under Keyboard -> Shortcuts.
Mission control = F13 ... Gear button (F9)
Show Notification Center = F18 ... Wireless toggle button (F8)
Application Windows = F15 ... 3 box button (F11)
Show Dashboard = F17 ... Mic Mute button (F4)
Show Launchpad = F16 ... 6 box button (F12)
Show Spotlight Search = F14 ... Spyglass button (F10)
Mirror display = ? ... Projector button (F7)

Got the WiFi card installed. I can confirm that 2.36 BIOS has the whitelist removed!

I can also confirm that running 2.36 BIOS eliminates need for custom BIOS for WiFi.

Sorry for the really long delay here, I haven't used the computer in a really long time.

I'm not sure if you figured it out on your own or not but I set them to use high numbered "F" keys like F13 and higher. I then chose the function of the buttons from the GUI under Keyboard -> Shortcuts.
Mission control = F13 ... Gear button (F9)
Show Notification Center = F18 ... Wireless toggle button (F8)
Application Windows = F15 ... 3 box button (F11)
Show Dashboard = F17 ... Mic Mute button (F4)
Show Launchpad = F16 ... 6 box button (F12)
Show Spotlight Search = F14 ... Spyglass button (F10)
Mirror display = ? ... Projector button (F7)

I can also confirm that running 2.36 BIOS eliminates need for custom BIOS for WiFi.
Oh cool, thanks for the tip on the Fn keys. Not really too important to me.

Yeah, getting the whitelist BIOS was pretty much a lifesaver for me. I don't have the expertise to flash my own BIOS with a flasher.

Do you plan on updating to Sierra for this machine? I don't see any issues why it wouldn't work. I'm very content with El Capitan right now, so I have no plans on updating right now.

Since I have the same computer and I have audio working, I'll provide a list of what I did to make audio work (Internal Speaker output, microphone input, headphones, HDMI audio):
  • Inject layout Id to DSDT (see post #1)
  • Add patches to Clover "KextsToPatch" (see post #1)
  • Install the AppleHDA_ALC292 kext (see post #1)
  • Apply the MaciASL patch "B0D3 to HDAU"
  • Use native AppleHDA that comes with El Capitan
That's it...it's pretty simple and everything is available to get it working on this post.

Hi ludacrisvp, hi folks,

at first thx for your really great manual/s an support/s.:headbang:
May you can also help with my T440s issue!?
I've got the same T440s as U but only the i7 as difference.

The issue is -> that I couldn't install SnowLeo with iBoot Haswell
Why I use iBoot haswell - because I don't have a "native" Mac to download recovery etc... so I bought SnowLeo as DVD/CD via Apple ...
So first steps are working with iBoot and I insert SnowLeo and press F5 but then grey Screen with apple Logo shown up and "bangg"/ frozen and CD is also still :(
Do you know this issue or have an idea what to do ??? -
I'm freaking out all with it, I also tested PCIRoots (-x/-v....) but it also has same *fu***ng* issue :banghead:
I think it's regarding the HD4400 Grafik but not sure...
Attached you can see a Screenshot from Roots "-v" may it helps too.

Or may you've got a other method/tool that I can use/work with it with the SnowLeo CD etc...??

So many thanks for your support in advance
Patrick

IMG_0329.jpg

Hi ludacrisvp, hi folks,

at first thx for your really great manual/s an support/s.:headbang:
May you can also help with my T440s issue!?
I've got the same T440s as U but only the i7 as difference.

The issue is -> that I couldn't install SnowLeo with iBoot Haswell
Why I use iBoot haswell - because I don't have a "native" Mac to download recovery etc... so I bought SnowLeo as DVD/CD via Apple ...
So first steps are working with iBoot and I insert SnowLeo and press F5 but then grey Screen with apple Logo shown up and "bangg"/ frozen and CD is also still :(
Do you know this issue or have an idea what to do ??? -
I'm freaking out all with it, I also tested PCIRoots (-x/-v....) but it also has same *fu***ng* issue :banghead:
I think it's regarding the HD4400 Grafik but not sure...
Attached you can see a Screenshot from Roots "-v" may it helps too.

Or may you've got a other method/tool that I can use/work with it with the SnowLeo CD etc...??

So many thanks for your support in advance
Patrick

View attachment 217022

Just borrow a Mac from someone you know and create the installer USB from it.
iBoot is difficult to get to work with new laptop hardware.

Do you plan on updating to Sierra for this machine? I don't see any issues why it wouldn't work. I'm very content with El Capitan right now, so I have no plans on updating right now.
I'm not sure yet, I've only updated two of my machines so far and that thread that RehabMan shared shows a lot of issues with Sierra.

The Dell T110 (desktop tower) has been updated, and my unsupported Mac Pro (early 2008) has been updated. I've not had a chance to look at updating the rest.

If there are video problems reported for the Intel HD 4400 that the T440s uses (some content in Safari crashes, while I don't use Safari often I could see this potentially affecting other things) I don't see any reason to consider ever updating it when I don't really see any value add from Sierra currently. My guess the issue is related to Metal being much more actively used in the OS vs 10.11 and older. Add to that WiFi problems (more patching needed) potential audio and USB related issues, trackpad and brightness button problems.

In my Mac Pro, Metal was causing iMessage to crash until I removed my 8800GT and went to just running the GTX650 and now I no longer see issues with iMessage. I've noted that the GUI seems slower on the T110, which is also likely due to both GFX cards not supporting Metal either (HD5770 & HD5450), there is significant lag in the app drawer being opened vs no lag in 10.11.

Now after typing this I think I have probably talked myself out of updating to Sierra, at least not until we are on 10.12.2 or .3 when some of the bugs get fixed. Certainly won't be updating my main install that's for sure.

hardware.

Thx RehabMan,

May you can let me know with which tool/installer you would use/advice for it?
Would be Mac "desktop" ok for the image work or does it must be a MacBook OS ?
Can I use then this image/installer for different/several PCs or does it work only once - regarding license etc...?

Many thx for your support appreciate it

I'm not sure yet, I've only updated two of my machines so far and that thread that RehabMan shared shows a lot of issues with Sierra.

The Dell T110 (desktop tower) has been updated, and my unsupported Mac Pro (early 2008) has been updated. I've not had a chance to look at updating the rest.

If there are video problems reported for the Intel HD 4400 that the T440s uses (some content in Safari crashes, while I don't use Safari often I could see this potentially affecting other things) I don't see any reason to consider ever updating it when I don't really see any value add from Sierra currently. My guess the issue is related to Metal being much more actively used in the OS vs 10.11 and older. Add to that WiFi problems (more patching needed) potential audio and USB related issues, trackpad and brightness button problems.

In my Mac Pro, Metal was causing iMessage to crash until I removed my 8800GT and went to just running the GTX650 and now I no longer see issues with iMessage. I've noted that the GUI seems slower on the T110, which is also likely due to both GFX cards not supporting Metal either (HD5770 & HD5450), there is significant lag in the app drawer being opened vs no lag in 10.11.

Now after typing this I think I have probably talked myself out of updating to Sierra, at least not until we are on 10.12.2 or .3 when some of the bugs get fixed. Certainly won't be updating my main install that's for sure.
Yeah, I have no plans myself. I use this laptop mainly for development on Xcode, so I'm sure I will need to upgrade when 10.13 is released since it will no longer support the latest version (I hate that they do that). Maybe I'll revisit when 10.12.2 is released, like you said.

If you do end up upgrading this machine to Sierra, please post your findings or shortcomings here.

Thx RehabMan,

May you can let me know with which tool/installer you would use/advice for it?
Would be Mac "desktop" ok for the image work or does it must be a MacBook OS ?
Can I use then this image/installer for different/several PCs or does it work only once - regarding license etc...?

Many thx for your support appreciate it

Any Mac or working hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back